Sexting Might Not Negatively Affect Relationships, Sexual Behavior May 29, 2017 . 1 Comment
Even though researchers and commentators have debated whether sexting undermines relationships or leads to high-risk sexual behavior, new research published in the Journal of Computer-Mediated ... Read More
Study: Sexual Harassment, Misogyny Prevalent Among Young People May 23, 2017 . 2 Comments
Teenagers and young adults often experience misogyny and sexual harassment in their relationships, according to a new report from Harvard University. The report found many adults are highly ... Read More
Office Affairs: When a Workplace Friendship Crosses the Line May 23, 2017 . 5 Comments
Workplace affairs are on the rise. Research indicates that from 1982 to 1990, 38% of unfaithful wives had affairs starting at work. From 1991 to 2000, 50% of unfaithful wives began an affair ... Read More
Ending the Anxious-Avoidant Dance, Part 2: A Built-In Path to Healing May 18, 2017 . 2 Comments
Editor’s note: This article is the second in a two-part series. See Part 1: Opposing Attachment Styles. The conflict is both a fight for and a protection against intimacy. If we can hold ... Read More
Ending the Anxious-Avoidant Dance, Part 1: Opposing Attachment Styles May 18, 2017 . 2 Comments
Editor’s note: This article is the first in a two-part series. See Part 2: A Built-In Path to Healing. Few of us might consider pain a gift. To be clear: Relational trauma/abuse is not ... Read More
Placebo Effect May Help Ease Pain of Broken Heart After Breakup May 8, 2017 . 1 Comment
When people take steps they believe will help them move past the end of a relationship, they may begin to feel better, according to a study published in The Journal of Neuroscience. The ... Read More
Buried Desire: When Sexual Issues Underlie Couples Conflict May 4, 2017 . 3 Comments
Despite the growing number of sex therapists and sex educators in mental health, coaching, and self-actualization fields, many counseling and social work training programs spend minimal ... Read More
Ego Love or Authentic Love: How Do You Know If You Truly Love Someone? April 27, 2017 . 4 Comments
As a therapist specializing in relationship issues, I often see people in therapy existentially contemplating what love really means. Some wonder whether they truly love(d) their partner, ... Read More
A Crisis in Access to Mental Health Care, and Other News April 21, 2017 . 3 Comments
Despite efforts to broaden access to quality mental health care, a study published in the journal Psychiatric Services suggests more Americans than ever are experiencing serious psychological ... Read More
Search Our Blog
- Anthony: Am I wrong being considerate and don’t want to take risks as it will be my VERY FIRST child and I will not take chances of hurting...
- Beth: This really hit home for me. I’m in therapy now and struggle greatly to see the past abuse as a big deal or connected to my current...
- Charles: Richie M , Many women today have an arrangement that involves one or more men on the side who keeps the wife happy with good sex. Just be...
- Charles: Nina, MANY marriages are just like yours. They stay together for the convenience. You should find a man to see just like he is doing. If...
- Elizabeth: It’s hard to complain when you have beautiful children and a loving family and I will live up to my responsibility as well as...