People all over the world work with therapists, counselors, psychologists, and other mental health professionals to achieve healing and well-being. The following resources and information can help you get more familiar with and knowledgeable about therapy, counseling, and common mental health conditions.
- What is Therapy? If you aren't quite sure what therapy is or how it works, that's ok! Get answers to common questions about counseling including what to expect.
- Find a Therapist - Search for mental health professionals near you and filter your search by the criteria that matters most to you.
- Benefits of Therapy - Psychotherapy has been proven an effective treatment option for many mental, emotional, and behavioral conditions.
- Issues Treated in Therapy - There are hundreds of mental health and behavioral issues that can be diagnosed and treated in therapy, and there's no wrong reason for consulting a mental health professional. Learn more about mental health conditions and how you can treat them.
- Modes of Therapy - Get more information about the most common categories of therapy, such as couples counseling, family therapy, and group therapy. Learn how these modes of therapy differ or compare to one another, and decide which modality is right for you or your loved ones.
- Types of Therapy - Mental health professionals can be trained to use a range of therapeutic modalities and treatment strategies to achieve positive results. These can range from traditional and well-researched to innovative or experiential.
- Psychotropic Medication - Orient yourself to common medications that may be prescribed by a psychiatrist as part of your treatment plan.
What Makes Good Therapy?
- How to Find the Right Therapist - If you're going to start therapy, it's important to find the right therapist. Review simple tips to find a therapist that fits your needs.
- Elements of Good Therapy - Discover GoodTherapy's elements of good therapy.
- Signs of Healthy Therapy - Learn more about what you can expect from productive and healthy therapy.
- Warning Signs in Therapy - Review a list of common red flags of questionable therapy and what you can do if you experience them.
- Ethics in Therapy - Licensed mental health professionals are guided by ethical codes in their therapeutic work.
- Learn About Free Counseling and Affordable Therapy - Financial issues should not prevent you from getting necessary care.
- Dear GoodTherapy - Licensed therapists answer your questions about therapy through our online syndicated column, Dear GoodTherapy.
- Resources for People Interested In Mental Health - Access a collection of mental health resources, such as workshops and blogs.
- Famous Psychologists - Learn more about influential psychologists and psychotherapists and their contributions to the mental health field.
- Psychology, Therapy, and Mental Health Podcasts - Podcasts can be a convenient, accessible way to learn more about psychology and mental health, and they are free to download.
- Free Online Psychology Workshops - GoodTherapy offers recorded online workshops presented by mental health professionals covering topics such as self-esteem, depression, relationships, and more.
- List Your Practice - Join GoodTherapy to list your practice and connect with more people seeking your services.
- Resources for Therapists - Review products, services, and tools designed for mental health professionals.
- Therapist Training Programs - Browse GoodTherapy's directory of postgraduate training programs for mental health professionals. Professional training and certification can help you further develop clinical skills, learn more about particular models of therapy, and more.
- Online CEs for Counselors - Continuing education helps you grow your clinical skills and fulfill your license requirements. GoodTherapy offers hundreds of hours of CE credits for therapists, psychologists, social workers, and other mental health professionals.