Suellen Fagin-Allen, JD, LMHC, PA
|Professions: Mental Health Counseling, Psychotherapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Mental Health Counselor - MH9111|
Billing and Insurance
I am an in-network provider for:
Fees: Free fifteen-minute telephone consultation; sliding scale/out-of-pocket rate $75 initial visit; $65 follow-up
See other therapists in Orlando, FL.
To successfully navigate through life's journey, we must first get in the boat and put an oar in the water. Then, we need to maintain a mindful and compassionate presence with ourselves as we meet unforeseen obstacles: when the boat springs a leak, when the chart falls in the water, when we unwittingly drift too close to the rocks, when storms blow us off our course. These things will happen on our life journey. We need to allow ourselves to be fully human in this life in which all we can really be is human. We need to accept that we will encounter problems. That life will be messy sometimes. That we may wander off course many times in pursuit of what we think is the destination, only to find that the destination isn't really there at all and that the journey is the point. We need to be gentle with ourselves on this journey. Even though we have not done, are not doing, and will not ever do it perfectly. Treating ourselves with gentleness, kindness and great compassion will enable us to do that with the other people and the situations we encounter on this marvelous journey. That's what I will help you do. Because you need to. Because you want to. And because, deep down inside, you know you deserve to. Isn't now the time?
Email or Call Suellen Fagin-Allen, JD, LMHC, PA at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 04930
More Info About My Practice
I am currently accepting new clients and would be happy to speak briefly with you by phone to determine whether we would be a good "fit". Just so you know, I work only with adults, college aged or above and only with individuals. I do not do couple, relationship or family counseling, and I do not advise on child-rearing issues, with the exception of issues related to kids with special needs. It's important for me to honor these limitations I've placed on myself so that I can do my best work. That said, I can help you function at your optimum level within your relationship or family setting. Stable, confident individuals often can catalyze partners or fellow family members into moving toward productive changes themselves, although this ought not to be the goal of individual therapy.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
As a former practicing attorney and a lifetime client of healthcare providers, I understand the challenges involved in these demanding professions and am happy to assist with stress-management strategies. With a long history as a (temperamental!) performing musician, I can relate to the struggles and challenges of gifted, talented, extra-sensitive people and can give practical advice for self care. As a former child with special needs, I'm in a unique position to provide help and guidance to parents wondering how to balance providing support for their kids' current challenges and preparing them for a future in which they can be as independent, productive and happy as possible. But mostly, I just like to help people like you sail through life successfully! If you could use some help navigating, please give me a call!
My Blog Posts
- Disability Awareness: a Process, Not an Event
- Confined or Not? Reflections on Disability, Language, and Microaggression
- Managing Your Moods Through Mindfulness
- Creating New Year's Aspirations
- 9 Ways to Be Present and Practice Everyday Mindfulness
- When Criticism Undermines Creativity: How Cognitive Restructuring Helps You Go On Creating!
- How to Avoid the “Fast-track” from Kitchen to Divorce Court
- Logotherapy: How a Few Questions Can Aid the Grief Process
- Mindfully Approaching Pain: The Way Through May Just be the Way Out
- Making Friends with Your Critical Self: Overcoming an Obstacle to Self Expression
- What is "This"? An Exercise in Contemplation
- Creativity, Springtime, and a Multiplicity of Approaches for Getting “Unstuck”
- Getting Beneath the Defenses: Mindfulness, Stress, and Workaholism
- How 'the Courage to Be' is the Greatest Creative Gift
- The Practice of Mindfulness: Working with At-Risk Youth
- The Creative Blocking of Creativity: The Function of Procrastination
- Creativity: The Key to Innovating Change in Therapy
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Legal professionals, healthcare professionals, creative people, gifted people, performing artists, parents of kids with special needs, women in midlife, newly retired people, people with varying gender or sexual orientations
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.