My Approach to Helping
It's a jungle out there! Life can feel really overwhelming, huh? No worries, welcome home. Working professional men and women, let's talk. Emerging young adults, I am here.
It is time for you to manage the beasts of your life. You wear so many hats, but now it is time to determine how to access a life that brings you joy. I service clients looking to build self-trust, reduce codependence, establish boundaries, and overcome trauma. Whether you are navigating major life changes, trying to make the best decisions, facing challenges, or overcoming the past, sometimes you need that extra support to help you get over the hump. We have to bury the self who no longer contributes to the person we hope to be. We can do this!
When working with clients, self-trust is the tenet of my work. Everything you do must root in the ability to trust yourself to face it. Whether it is trauma, attachment issues, anxiety, or depression, you are the sole person able to change your reality. However, this work cannot be done without a core of self-trust.
Let's navigate the jungle we call life together and help you create a world that is true to the one you want to live in. Reach out to me, and let's gather the tools you need to overcome the chains and vines holding you back from who you dream of becoming. Every day there is a chance to create an authentic life for you. Let's make today that day for you!
More Info About My Practice
Life can feel like a maze, but therapy helps you find your way to the “fruits of freedom.” But—getting started starts with YOU!
Here is the Step by Step Process to Expect at Fruits of Freedom Therapy:
1) Reach out via phone or email to inquire about services. Confirm Fruits of Freedom Counseling is a good fit for you.
2) Schedule your initial intake session. This session orients you to the therapy experience and provides valuable background information to ensure you receive the right kind of support.
3) Receive an email to access your Client Portal along with pre-session documents to sign prior to your first session.
4) Attend your first virtual intake session.
5) Agree upon a treatment plan for future sessions. Schedule next session(s).
6) Continue to complete therapy with milestone checkpoints to track progress.
7) Graduate from “treatment” aspect of therapy and move to either termination or maintenance sessions.
About my status as "Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern:"
To ensure I am providing high-quality services to you and to continue to develop towards full licensure, I am under the supervision of Dr. Letitia Browne-James, a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Qualified Clinical Supervisor, and Board Certified Counselor with over 20 years of mental health experience. I meet with her on a consistent basis to discuss case notes and needs to enhance your treatment. You will learn more about this in your disclosure documents should you receive treatment from me.
I practice multi-modal, eclectic therapy, where I combine aspects of different therapeutic interventions to create your own specialized concoction based on your concerns and needs.
On the Fence About Going to Therapy?
Here are my tenets to help me drive my treatment of you as a client:
1) You are not just boiled down to a label or diagnosis. EVER. Therapy is so much more than that, and I will never treat you like a sick patient.
2) You already have everything you need already inside of you. I am not a magic maker. I just help you discover your own.
3) Whether it is faith or life philosophy, everyone believes in something to guide their reasons for being. I help you align yourself with what you believe.
4) You do not have to keep living how you are if it is not working. There are other ways to get to where you want to go. We can explore those paths together.