Fred Waltzer, LCSW
|Professions: Clinical Social Work|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Clinical Social Worker - 149-001505|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
Fees: We do not bill insurance directly. We will provide a receipt for service provided which can be used for insurance reimbursement. Fees: $100.00 for individual psychotherapy-$50.00 for group psychotherapy. Payment is expected at time of service. Cost Effectiveness: We make every effort to complete therapy in the shortest time possible. In most cases we will indicate the number of sessions required for you. Accept credit cards.
See other therapists in Lincolnwood, IL.
I consider the decision to seek help for a personal problem a difficult and courageous step. Helping you in your journey to grow and make changes is important to me. By entering in to a relationship with mutual respect and shared values, I feel we can find the path to self awareness and wellness.
Everyone is different. I will listen closely to your concerns and strive to really understand where you are coming from. My role as a therapist is not to judge you, rather I will be looking to identify ways we can work together to strengthen your ability to cope and make desired changes. I will be gentle while encouraging you to step forward to the challenges in your future. With my guidance and your investment in yourself we can make change a reality.
I hope we have the opportunity to work together. I encourage you to reach out to me. Ask how I can help. You will get honest answers to difficult questions. Let's take the first step together. I hope to hear from you.
Email or Call Fred Waltzer, LCSW at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 25372
More Info About My Practice
Later Life Mood Enhancement Group Program
Starts: Wednesday, 03/09/2016, 3:00 - 4:30
The Later Life Mood Enhancement Group Program is a proven method to increase life satisfaction while learning how to effectively control undesirable moods. You will learn how to identify life patterns which help you to make the best of everyday. This program is easy to learn, enjoyable and very helpful. This is an opportunity you do not want to pass up!
Anger Management Group
Starts: Tuesday, 03/08/2016, 7:30
Proven Ways To:
Identify internal & external anger triggers
Resolve conflicts effectively
Control stress related to anger
Coping with Depression Group
Starts: Wednesday, 03/09/2016, 7:30
Make Positive lifestyle changes
Reduce anxiety and negative thinking
Important Factors for Choosing a Therapist
1. Good therapists listen more than talk
2. Effective therapists show a clear understanding for your issues
3. Skilled therapists will help you identify well defined goals for change
4. Tracking and measuring progress is an essential element of effective outcomes
5. Being accepting while remaining objective helps both clients and therapists reaching goals
What Makes up a Problem?
You have a problem when:
1. You have frequent emotional distress and or physical symptoms such as poor sleep/eating.
2. You exhibit self defeating behaviors such as procrastination or inappropriate anger.
3. Relationships are damaged by your actions.
4. You have difficulty regulating your behavior such as spending, arguing and managing time.
5. Your moods cause you to withdraw and avoid contact with others.
6. You develop habits which are distressing and cause you to feel bad.
7. Anxiety causes you to avoid daily situations.
8. You perceive you have great difficulty controlling emotions such as sadness or elation.
9. You have unreasonable fears related to daily life experiences.
10.You function poorly in your role as a student, worker or family member.
The severity and intensity of your problem may vary over time and situations. Evaluation by a mental health professional will help you to identify if your problem requires therapeutic intervention.
Services I Provide
- Clinical Supervision
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Psychological Evaluation
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.