Meri Levy, LMFT
Meri Levy, LMFT
|Professions: Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, Psychotherapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LMFT - MFC #82213|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
Fees: $130 per session/$140 for evenings, $40 for group therapy. Willing to bill as an "out of network" provider.
See other therapists in Lafayette, CA.
I enjoy being a part of the process of growth for the clients I work with. It is hugely rewarding to see people learn and grow and begin to enjoy their lives more and take better care of themselves.My clients come to me because they want to feel better. Challenging life transitions, poor self-esteem and other stressors can cause us to feel overwhelmed, unable to cope, or that our lives are not the way we want them to be. We can feel trapped in our situation, or stuck in patterns that aren't working for us.
Therapy is a unique opportunity to open up to a caring, connected person who can help us to examine beliefs that can be limiting our options, and begin to try new ways of thinking and relating to others that can help us enjoy life more. Getting the support of an authentic and supportive therapist can help you learn to live a more joyful life.
I help my clients learn to manage anxiety, break through depression, improve their relationships and self-care, and have greater compassion for themselves and others. My style is warm and nonjudgmental.
Areas of specialization include parenting stress and couples seeking greater intimacy. I also work with adults who are too hard on themselves and need to learn self-compassion. I lead a support group for women with postpartum depression, anxiety and adjustment difficulties. I also work with parents to help them make parenting more enjoyable and less stressful.
Email or Call Meri Levy, LMFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 14803
More Info About My Practice
Certified in treatment of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Postpartum Support International.
Completed Externship in Emotionally-Focused Couples Therapy, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders, raising a spirited child, self-care for parents, managing anxious, intrusive thoughts. and learning not to be so hard on yourself.
My Blog Posts
- When You Love Your Kids but Don't Love Motherhood
- Why Parents Should Nurture the Child Within, Too
- The Mindful Parent: Learning How to Let Go
- Can Depression Be Cured without Medication?
- The Truth about Psychotropic Medications in Pregnancy
- Mothers: Taking Care of Everyone, All the Time, Like It or Not
- Long and Winding Road: Recovering from Postpartum Depression
- No Strings Attached: Healthy Parenting at Its Best
- Chronic Pain and Mental Health: The Mind-Body Connection
- Working Parent or Stay-at-Home Parent: Who Does More?
- Does Your Personality Style Put You at Risk for Postpartum Depression?
Services I Provide
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Prenatal/postpartum depression and anxiety, parenting difficulties, individuals on antidepressant medication, people-pleasers, perfectionists, partners of narcissists
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.