Meri Levy, LMFT
Meri Levy, LMFT
|Professions: Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, Psychotherapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LMFT - MFC #82213|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
Fees: $130 per session/$140 for evenings, $40 for group therapy. Willing to bill as an "out of network" provider.
See other therapists in Lafayette, CA.
I enjoy working with adults, especially parents, who are too hard on themselves. Do you feel like you "should" be doing things better? Do you feel guilty when you take time for yourself? Do you have mixed feelings about parenthood? Learning how to treat ourselves with compassion, and balancing the needs of others with our own is something many of us have to learn as adults, especially when we become a parent.
I have extensive experience treating emotional difficulties during pregnancy and the postpartum period. If you have not been feeling like yourself during this time, I can help you get back to feeling like yourself. Many new moms experience scary intrusive thoughts. This anxiety can be treated by a trained therapist.
A supportive therapist can help you appreciate who you are, and to enjoy your life and loved ones more fully. My style is warm and nonjudgmental. Improving self-care, reducing anxiety and becoming more authentically yourself can transform life stresses into opportunities for growth and increased happiness.
Email or Call Meri Levy, LMFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 14803
More Info About My Practice
Certified in treatment of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Postpartum Support International.
Completed Externship in Emotionally-Focused Couples Therapy, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders, including prenatal and postpartum depression, anxiety and OCD, raising a spirited child, self-care for parents, managing anxious, intrusive thoughts, maternal ambivalence, and learning not to be so hard on yourself.
My Blog Posts
- When You Love Your Kids but Don't Love Motherhood
- Why Parents Should Nurture the Child Within, Too
- The Mindful Parent: Learning How to Let Go
- Can Depression Be Cured without Medication?
- The Truth about Psychotropic Medications in Pregnancy
- Mothers: Taking Care of Everyone, All the Time, Like It or Not
- Long and Winding Road: Recovering from Postpartum Depression
- No Strings Attached: Healthy Parenting at Its Best
- Chronic Pain and Mental Health: The Mind-Body Connection
- Working Parent or Stay-at-Home Parent: Who Does More?
- Does Your Personality Style Put You at Risk for Postpartum Depression?
Services I Provide
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Prenatal/postpartum depression and anxiety, parenting difficulties, individuals on antidepressant medication, people-pleasers, perfectionists, partners of narcissists
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.