Phillip Klever

Phillip Klever
Call Me Call 816-753-7330

Phillip Klever

Professions: Marriage & Family Therapist, Psychotherapist, Life Coach
License Status: I'm a licensed professional.
Primary Credential: LCSW
Secondary Credential: Marriage and Family Therapy - 300094
Billing and Insurance:
Fees: $130 per session


310 W 47th St #215
Kansas City, Missouri 64112

My Approach to Helping

I encourage you to build on your strengths in facing life challenges. Good therapy helps you to be more competent in living your life. The first step is getting a clear understanding of the problems or dilemmas you are experiencing, as well as your resources and strengths. Good therapy works with your motivation and energy to examine your thoughts, feelings, and behavior and the behavior of others. From your awareness and with feedback from me, you will develop ideas about how to move your life forward.

More Info About My Practice

About 60% of the people I work with are couples or people dealing with a couple problem. The other 40% of the people are addressing issues related to stress, depression, anxiety, addictions, loss of self direction, or family tension. To enhance my clinical work and to keep me growing professionally, I am conducting a 25-year longitudinal study on marriage and the family. I have written a self help book for couples, Are We Having Fun Yet?, and published professional articles and chapters on marriage and family process.

My Guiding Ethical Principles

One of the guiding principles in my work with you is to respect your competence and expertise. Therefore, I ask you questions for me to understand you better and to activate your internal wisdom. I give you my thoughts about you and your situation in a way that hopefully helps you to be clearer about what you think about yourself and others.

Services I Provide

  • Coaching
  • Consultation
  • Family Therapy
  • Individual Therapy & Counseling
  • Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
  • Online Counseling / Phone Therapy

Ages I Work With

  • Teens
  • Adults
  • Elders


  • English

Client Concerns I Treat

  • Abandonment
  • Academic Concerns
  • Addictions and Compulsions
  • Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
  • Anger
  • Anxiety
  • Bipolar
  • Blended Family Issues
  • Body Image
  • Cancer
  • Career Choice
  • Caregiver Issues / Stress
  • Child and/or Adolescent Issues
  • Codependency / Dependency
  • Communication Problems
  • Compulsive Spending / Shopping
  • Control Issues
  • Creative Blocks
  • Depression
  • Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
  • Drug and Alcohol Addiction
  • Eating and Food Issues
  • Emotional Abuse
  • Emotional Intelligence
  • Emotional Overwhelm
  • Emptiness
  • Family of Origin Issues
  • Family Problems
  • Fear
  • Forgiveness
  • Gambling Addiction
  • Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
  • Habits
  • Health / Illness / Medical Issues
  • Helplessness / Victimhood
  • HIV / AIDS
  • Inadequacy
  • Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
  • Individuation
  • Infidelity / Affair Recovery
  • Internet Addiction
  • Irritability
  • Isolation
  • LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
  • Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
  • Men's Issues
  • Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
  • Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
  • Multicultural Concerns
  • Panic
  • Parenting
  • Phobias
  • Post Partum Depression
  • Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
  • Pre-Marital Counseling
  • Prejudice / Discrimination
  • Relationships and Marriage
  • Religious Issues
  • Self-Care
  • Self-Confidence
  • Self-Criticism
  • Self-Doubt
  • Self-Esteem
  • Self-Love
  • Sensitivity to Criticism
  • Sexuality / Sex Therapy
  • Shame
  • Social Anxiety / Phobia
  • Spirituality
  • Stress
  • Suspiciousness / Paranoia
  • Trust Issues
  • Values Clarification
  • Workplace Issues
  • Worry
  • Worthlessness
  • Young Adult Issues

Types of Therapy

  • Family Constellations
  • Family Systems Therapy
  • Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
  • Mindfulness-Based Interventions
  • Systems Theory /Therapy

See other therapists in Kansas City, MO.

By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.

GoodTherapy uses cookies to personalize content and ads to provide better services for our users and to analyze our traffic. By continuing to use this site you consent to our cookies.