Steph Meyers, M.A., L.C.P.C.
Steph Meyers, M.A., L.C.P.C.
|Professions: Psychotherapist, Mental Health Counselor, Life Coach|
I'm a licensed professional.
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor - 180009056
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
Deciding to seek help is a difficult decision for some people. Finding the right therapist is a little bit like dating - you really need to click with the right person in order for it to work best.
I am a professional counselor focused on working with those needing help with stress reduction, relationship issues, anxiety, depression, women's concerns and adolescent struggles. Many clients come to me when they are having difficulty with a transition: teenagers and their bewildered parents, adults who feel 'stuck' and uncertain and couples looking to find new ways to connect.
I work with teens and their families, adults and couples. I help angry, withdrawn and lost teens find their way with social struggles, school issues, behavior challenges and mood concerns. I also help frustrated parents, couples seeking a better relationship and people who just want a better life.
or Call Steph Meyers, M.A., L.C.P.C. at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 22891
More Info About My Practice
My office is in downtown Evanston, easily accessible by public transportation with parking across the street. I have a few sliding-fee scale spots available to those who have financial need. I see clients on days, afternoons, evenings and weekends by appointment. I can schedule a quick appointment for those in crisis.
I am an in network provider with Blue/Cross Blue Shield PPO of Illinois, Cigna, ComPsych and Value Options. I am out of network provider with many other insurance companies which means that I do not bill other insurance companies directly. Your counseling services may be eligible for reimbursement through out-of-network benefits, medical spending or health care savings accounts. Health insurance plans and benefits vary. If you are interested in using your health insurance to see me, please call your insurance provider to inquire about reimbursement for out-of-network counseling services. I am happy to provide you necessary paperwork for reimbursement from your insurance company, if applicable.
My Role as a Therapist
With more than 10 years' experience as a psychotherapist, I truly enjoy helping people identify issues and make effective change. My clinical focus includes emerging adults, adolescents and their families. I have enjoyed past experiences working with families in crisis in hospital settings and more traditional therapy patients in outpatient clinics. I believe change is possible for every person and am an engaged and solution-focused therapist
With kindness, caring, and compassion and a little bit of humor, I work with people to help build on their strengths and to achieve fullest growth and potential.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
Perinatal and Postpartum women, adolescents, young adults
- Academic Concerns
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Aging and Geriatric Issues
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Eating and Food Issues
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Fertility Issues
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Men's Issues
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Money and Financial Issues
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Oppositional and Defiant Behavior in Children and Teen
- Polyamory / Nonmonogamous Relationships
- Post Partum Depression
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Pregnancy and Birthing
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Trust Issues
- Values Clarification
- Women's Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Collaborative Couple Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Integration of different therapy models
- Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Positive Psychology
- Solution Focused Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.