Katherine F. Gibson, Psy.D.
I'm a licensed professional.
Psychologist - PY 8934
Psychologist - 018505
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
I work with children, teenagers, young adults and their families on an array of issues including anxiety, trauma, ADHD, behavior problems, and mood disorders, helping with stressed relationships and adapting to changes in the family. I see each family as distinct, endeavoring to identify the most effective treatments available for individual circumstances and dynamically working collaboratively to cultivate and achieve your goals. I have comprehensive experience employing treatments with strong research support, including Parent-Child Interaction Therapy and Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I provide forensic trauma assessment, psychological testing, testimony, and record review.
or Call Katherine F. Gibson, Psy.D. at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 18931
More Info About My Practice
Fee is negotiable, and I provide a free phone consultation. In addition to therapy I provide Psychological Testing, and Forensic Assessment and Expert Witness services.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
My specialty is treating trauma in adults, teenagers, and children, so that people who have experienced abusive or frightening events can heal, recapture a sense of safety and truly thrive. Another specialty is offering PCIT, a truly effective and unique treatment for parents and young children dealing with managing problem behaviors.
My Role as a Therapist
My role as a therapist is to help people develop the skills that they need to manage the challenges they face. When I am working with children a big part of that is making sure parents feel supported as well, and that they are given what they need to feel equipped to support their child as well.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
- Home-Based Therapy
- Psychological Evaluation
I specialize in working with trauma survivors of all ages including people who have experienced sexual abuse, physical abuse, domestic violence, and other traumas. I also specialize in treating anxiety disorders in children, and treating young children with behavior problems.
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Adoption / Reunion Issues
- Aggression and Violence
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Learning Difficulties
- Multicultural Concerns
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Oppositional and Defiant Behavior in Children and Teen
- Physical Abuse
- Post Traumatic Stress / Trauma
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Women's Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy
- Family Constellations
- Guided Therapeutic Imagery
- Integration of different therapy models
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Narrative Therapy
- Parent Work
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.