Edna Healy, MA
|Professions: Psychotherapy, Marriage & Family Therapy, Counseling|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LMFT - MFC44722|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Berkeley, CA.
Compassionate, sensitive, non-judgmental support for individuals and couples coping with relationship issues, effects of childhood abuse, anxiety, panic attacks, PTSD, depression, and life transitions. My approach is interactive and holistic. I use methods that I have found to be effective in bringing relief and healing to the places within that have been wounded and prevent you from living the life you desire. I help you deepen your connection to your inner wisdom. My healing work includes somatic (body-oriented), mindfulness, transpersonal and relational aspects. I also use EMDR which can be an effective method to help individuals struggling with anxiety, panic, and unresolved abuse issues. Please call me or visit my website for more info.
Individual Therapy Issues I specialize in include:
* Support for relationship problems
* Relief and healing for Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Depression
* Healing painful unresolved childhood experiences
* Abuse & Trauma (emotional, physical, sexual, neglect, adult rape)
* Support for Life transitions, Difficult Adjustments, Loss
* Understanding your inner critic
* Integrating spirituality in everyday life
* Identifying and connecting to your strengths
* Increasing self-Esteem
* LGBTQ concerns and support
Couples Counseling & Relationship Therapy
Couples can find themselves in a place where they:
* Repeatedly get stuck in conflict
* Struggle with communication issues
* Don't feel seen or heard by your partner
* Have unresolved trust issues
* Want more connection, emotional and/or sexual intimacy
From a place of non-judgment and compassion I help you
* Learn to resolve conflict and repair hurt feelings
* Effectively communicate with each other
* Increase your ability to express your feelings/needs
* Restore a sense of trust and closeness in relationship
* Deepen intimacy in your relationship
EMDR can be very effective for many individuals who struggle with panic attacks, anxiety, childhood abuse, rape, and Post Traumatic Stress symptoms such as flashbacks, body memories, nightmares, hypervigilance.
If you are interested I have written more in detail about EMDR on my website.
Email or Call Edna Healy, MA at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 00565
More Info About My Practice
Any PPO (out-of-network)
Victims of Crime (VOC)
When using your PPO benefit I request your fee be paid directly to me at each session. I will provide a billing statement for you to submit to your insurance company each month.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I specialize in helping women and men who have experienced childhood trauma and are struggling with the impact of those experiences in their relationships today. Childhood trauma may include emotional, physical, sexual abuse and/or neglect. I also frequently work with rape survivors.
I also specialize in working with individuals coping with anxiety and panic attacks. They can deeply impact your work and social relationship, for some even create blocks to pursuing social connections. I teach tools/methods to help cope with and decrease panic and anxiety while also helping you explore and bring healing to whatever are the roots of your anxiety.
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Women, LGBTQQ, Couples of all sexual orientations, survivors of trauma, including, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect.
I work with individuals and couples from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds.
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.