Annie Wright, MA, MFTi
|Professions: Coaching, , , Counseling Psychology|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LMFT - 95719|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Berkeley, CA.
Let's face it; life can be overwhelming and painful sometimes.
When you're feeling stuck, frustrated, and tired of how your life and relationships are going, change can often feel impossible. You may be spinning your wheels thinking, "This just isn't how life was supposed to be for me", you may be feeling like you just can't talk about what's really going on for you with friends and family anymore, or you may even imagine that there's something wrong with you for feeling this way. You might be emotionally exhausted, confused, and maybe even a little desperate for someone to help show you the way through but the act of choosing a therapist - one who will really get you and your issues - feels overwhelming, too.
I get it. I've been there, too. This is such a hard place to be in.
I'm sorry you're having to go through this tough time. But you know what the good news is? What I know - both personally and professionally - is that it is possible to move through these painful periods in life and to actually use them to get clearer and make aligned moves towards the life you actually dream about for yourself. And you definitely don't have to go through this alone.
If you want to create lasting change in your life and move closer to the life you envision for yourself, beginning therapy with me can be the perfect place to start.
Email or Call Annie Wright, MA, MFTi at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 17485
More Info About My Practice
Why can therapy be life changing? Because psychotherapy is a process of inner exploration leading to deeper understanding of how you relate to yourself, to others, and to the world in general. By working together, you and I will be able to uncover and understand any self-destructive, unconscious patterns and behaviors that are playing out and keeping you away from what it is you truly want in life. And, with time and commitment, we'll be able to support you in practicing new behaviors and patterns and together we'll work to help you cultivate the tools and resources you may need to create different results in your life.
I invite you to explore my website for more information about me and my practice and, if you're going through a challenging time right now, please be sure to sign up on my mailing list to receive a complimentary book I wrote for you - "A Little Handbook for Life's Tough Times".
I look forward to being of support to you. Warmly, Annie
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I work with adolescents on issues such as:
- Depression, anxiety.
- Navigating peer relationships, feeling different and socially isolated, cyber bullying.
- Body image issues, eating disorders, body acceptance.
- Academic pressure, easing college application and career-planning overwhelm.
- Life post-divorce, death of a parent, adjusting to stepfamilies.
- Coping with family challenges.
I work with professionals, graduate students, and undergrads on issues such as:
- Unsatisfying relationships (with significant others, family, friends, and co-workers).
- Career dissatisfaction and confusion around life purpose.
- Major life transitions (such as loss of job, breakups, divorce, death of a loved one, and career transitions).
- General anxiety, stress, and overwhelm.
- Recovery and healing from abusive and dysfunctional family systems.
I work with couples and families on issues such as:
- For Couples: Communication challenges and managing differences as a couple; Dealing with and healing a lack of emotional and sexual intimacy; Pre-marital counseling.
- For Families: Supporting children and adults adjusting to major life milestones (entering high school, going to college, new babies); adjusting to life post-divorce, co-parenting, and blending new families together; Improving communication and conflict management between parents and daughters.
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.