Kathy Hardie-Williams, MEd, MS, NCC, LPC, LMFT
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
Kathy Hardie-Williams, MEd, MS, NCC, LPC, LMFT
|Professions: Counselor, Marriage & Family Therapist, Mental Health Counselor|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Professional Counselor - C3332.|
|Secondary Credential: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - T0988|
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
Billing and Insurance
I am an in-network provider but I don't wish to specify which ones
See other therapists in Tigard, OR.
See other therapists in Forest Grove, OR.
I am a licensed teacher turned family therapist who specializes in counseling individuals, adolescents, couples, and families who are ready to increase the capacity to accept and tolerate differences in relationships. This is a process that must occur prior to increasing the emotional bond with others. My objective in working with you is to help you identify what keeps you stuck in your personal relationships. Being stuck prevents you from identifying the cause of the problem so that you can take ownership of it rather than having to resort to defensive tactics that are only a quick fix. My wealth of life experience enables me to identify the obstacles you face that keep you from embracing relationships that facilitate you in reaching your goals and achieving your full potential.
Knowing what makes you tick lays the groundwork to help you achieve your authentic life. Within each person there is passion. Failing to recognize what that passion is and use it denies a key part of who you are. It impacts everything: relationships, partner choices, and how you spend your time. Sometimes you need help learning to recognize what you know instinctively. Before you can understand someone else, you must know who you are and what you need. Learning how to listen to your gut and having the courage to follow where it leads enables you to get the life you want and deserve, and you deserve to live your best life.
Whether it is learning to improve relationships, increase self understanding, clarify your value system, or put your life into perspective, you have the power to take charge of your life and the quality of the relationships you build. You can improve your relationships, identify your goals and achieve them, work toward your true potential, and break the cycle to stop repeating the same mistakes of the past.
I can help you get there.
I will hear you, relate to the challenges you face, and will help you move past your obstacles so that you can live the life you are meant to live.
I would love to talk with you today. Please call for an appointment.
Email or Call Kathy Hardie-Williams, MEd, MS, NCC, LPC, LMFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 13731
More Info About My Practice
I have no greater joy than seeing you have that 'aha' moment that allows you to identify what is keeping you stuck. I take a family systems approach to therapy and what that mean is this:
The relationship between you and your family members impacts the psychological health of each person in your family. In essence, how you see yourself and how you relate to others is shaped by the way your own family perceives you. In other words, the role you take in the family system impacts your ability to sustain relationships with others.
We will use the first session to develop a framework that provides you with an understanding of how you arrived at where you are now, and to define your short and long terms goals ranging from self compassion and forgiveness to repetition of old patterns in the family system and the impact it has on your relationships. We will use these goals as a foundation to help you determine how to attain your objectives.
I offer sessions in person or on the phone. I am on several insurance panels and accept cash paying clients as well.
My office hours in Tigard are from 1:00-9:00 on Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, and in Forest Grove are from 1:00-9:00 on Thursday.
I would love to talk with you today. Call 503.601.5428 to set up an appointment.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
The life lessons I have fought hard to learn will let you know that you have been heard. My clients tell me that 'I get it' when addressing issues such as family relationships, couple relationships, parenting, divorce adjustment, self esteem, career exploration, trauma, infidelity, the psychosocial impact of hidden disabilities, betrayal, blended families, communication, addiction in the family, family systems, and family of origin. I believe the key to successfully addressing these issues is the development of self understanding and the development of a strong sense of self. In other words, helping you to reach that 'aha' moment.
How Psychotherapy Can Help
Self understanding is the key to getting what you want from relationships, life, and to achieving a high level of self esteem. A healthy self esteem is the foundation for 'how you are in the world' and deeply impacts the quality of your relationships. I believe psychotherapy facilitates the development self understanding. In doing so, you can take responsibility for achieving happiness and self fulfillment. I believe that all behavior you engage in is an attempt to get your needs met. In addition, I believe that you want to achieve your potential and that often, it is your perception of yourself, often rooted your family of origin, that keeps you 'stuck'. Psychotherapy helps to facilitate you in identifying what keeps you 'stuck' and unable to move forward in your personal relationships. Psychotherapy also facilitates you in achieving your goals through the exploration of your family system and your family of origin patterns that have been passed down from generation to generation. Through the process of psychotherapy, the 'dysfunctional cycle' is broken and healing takes place.
My Blog Posts
- Cooperating for the Kids: Tips on Co-Parenting with Your Ex
- Stay Together for the Kids? When Divorce Might Benefit Everyone
- How to Help Teens Manage Their Emotions and Accept Their Feelings
- Is Shyness Something Parents Should Be Concerned About?
- Do Adult Children of Divorce Have It Easier Than Young Children?
- Recognizing Enmeshment in Alienated Family Systems
- How to Help Children Grieve the Death of a Parent
- How to Tell the Kids You Are Getting Divorced
- Emotional Incest: When Parents Make Their Kids Partners
- How to Deal with Disrespectful Children and Adolescents
- How to Identify Common Adolescent Mental Health Issues
- The Insidious Impact of Parental Conflict on Child Behavior
- The Importance of Community Support in Raising Children
- Do Homework Assignments Help or Hinder Student Learning?
- Codependency and Parenting: Break the Cycle in Your Family
- Reduce Teen Screen Time and Promote Exercise without a Fight
- How to Help Children Adjust to the Arrival of a New Sibling
- Are You Stunting Your Kids' Transition into Adulthood?
- Is Co-Sleeping or Bed Sharing with Your Child a Good Idea?
- How to Keep Intimacy Alive After the Children Arrive
- Why Your Child's Emotional Intelligence Should Be a Priority
- How to Help a Teen Grieve the Loss of a Friend
- How Much Freedom Should Parents Allow Teens to Have?
- A Parent's Guide to Building Healthy Self-Esteem in a Child
- How Can I Get My Child to Stop Whining and Cooperate?
- When One Parent Alienates a Child from the Other Parent
- Are We Too Busy Blaming Parents?
- Parent Healing: What's Ailing You Could Hurt Your Child
- Transitioning into Blended Families: Planning Ahead
- Authoritarian and Authoritative Parenting Styles: Which Is Best?
- How Can Parents Lessen Traumatic Effects of Divorce on Children?
Services I Provide
- Creative Arts Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
- Psychological Evaluation
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
I am particularly interested in working with clients who have experienced trauma in relationships and in family systems. Areas of expertise include blended families, families in transition, divorce mediation, parenting, communication patterns, and self esteem.
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.