Find a Therapist in Arvada, CO
Counselor, Marriage & Family Therapist, Mental Health Counselor
Age groups I work with: Children, Teens, Adults
"I provide therapy within a collaborative, directive and educational framework. I will work to help you learn practical skills which can use on a daily basi"... Read More
Arvada is located primarily in Jefferson County, Colorado. A small portion of the city is situated in Adams County. Arvada has a land area of 35 square miles. The city was founded in 1870 and incorporated in 1904.
Arvada has a population of 117,500 people. The population grew by 10% from 2010 to 2016. Ninety-eight percent of the people in Arvada are American citizens. Roughly 8,500 military veterans live in the city.
Foreign-born people make up 5% of the population in Arvada. The ethnic composition of the population is 81% white, 14% Hispanic, 2% Asian, and 1% black. Eight percent of residents speak a foreign language at home. Arvada is home to 4,500 Spanish speakers, 1,000 Russian speakers, and 600 German speakers.
People in Arvada earn an average annual salary of $36,500. The median household income is $72,000. Thirty-eight percent of residents age 25 or older have earned a bachelor’s degree. Around 7% of Arvada’s residents live below the poverty line.
Mental Health in Arvada
The homelessness rate is increasing in Arvada. It primarily affects families with children, military veterans, the unemployed, and residents with substance addiction or mental health issues. Access to mental health care is a concern in the city. Over 9% people in Arvada do not have medical insurance.
The city of Arvada is working with agencies and organizations to improve its social services. One such organization is the Second Wind Fund. This non-profit organization offers free mental health counseling for young people with suicidal ideation.
- Arvada, CO. (n.d.). Data USA. Retrieved from https://datausa.io/profile/geo/arvada-co
- County government. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://arvada.org/about/our-community/county-government
- History. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://arvada.org/about/our-community/history
- Homelessness in Arvada. (2018, March 26). Retrieved from https://arvada.org/residents/social-services/homelessness-in-arvada
- QuickFacts: Arvada city, Colorado. (n.d.). United States Census Bureau. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/arvadacitycolorado/PST045216
- Suicide prevention. (2011, August 2). Retrieved from https://arvada.org/residents/police-services/preventing-crime/suicide-prevention