|Professions: Clinical Social Work, Counseling Psychology, |
I'm a licensed professional.
Licensed Professional Counselor - 835
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
Life is hard and life hurts. We have spent the majority of our lives running from this pain and sometimes even vowing to never allow ourselves to feel that way again. We block ourselves and others from our vulnerability and neediness becomes synonymous with weakness.
It is in this moment of refusal to feel our feelings and tell the truth about our pain that we begin to develop coping mechanisms that usually begin with self-loathing and transition over time to anxiety, apathy, or addiction. I help people that have built walls around their heart, to protect them from the pain of life, to embrace their emotions so they can live fully in relationship with themselves, others, and God.
or Call Jeff Cowell MA, LPC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 20296
More Info About My Practice
I charge $150 per 50 minutes and accept payment at the time of service. For those with insurance, I will give a receipt that can be turned into their insurance company for direct reimbursement to the client.
My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
We are hurting people that have tried to solve life's problems with intellect, willpower, and morality. These solutions are an impaired attempt to have the full life we were made for and is ultimately ineffective. The real solution begins with the heart.
How do we address our heart problems? I believe the solution is threefold.
1. We begin by feeling our feelings and exposing our hearts, thereby awakening our emotional and spiritual needs, desire, longings, and hope.
2. We tell the truth about what is happening inside us. By acknowledging the content of our hearts, we expose our hunger for deeper more intimate relationships and experience freedom to be ourselves.
3. Living out of our rediscovered freedom, we begin to grow more, recognizing our innate craving for full life and our inability to control it. In letting go of control, we ultimately find that God is doing for us what we in our powerlessness cannot do.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
I specialize in working with individuals and couples that want recovery from codependency, self loathing or addiction and recovery of who they were made to be, so they can do what they are made to do. This specialty has its roots in my own recovery process as well as the experience and training I received while working at The Center for Professional Excellence under Chip Dodd Ph.D.
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Attachment Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Eating and Food Issues
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Gambling Addiction
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- Internet Addiction
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sex Addiction
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Sexuality / Sex Therapy
- Trust Issues
- Adlerian Psychotherapy
- Anger Management
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.