Adela Apetroaia, PhD
|Professions: Coaching, , , Clinical Social Work|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Chartered Psychologist with the BPS - 316636|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in London - United Kingdom (Great Britain).
My approach is based on the following set of beliefs:
1. Relationships are crucial for people's wellbeing. With the support of our loved ones, we can lead bigger, better lives. Good, loving, secure relationships should enable us to expand our experiences in all domains.
2. Despite what our culture tells us about parenting and romantic relationships, relationship success is never effortless. A certain degree of effort, awareness, and honest communication are necessary to have satisfying relationships.
3. The way we relate to our loved ones is the average result of all our previous experiences in loving relationships, including the ones we had with our parents. This doesn't mean, however, that we are doomed to repeat the same behaviours indefinitely. With self-awareness, support from our loved ones, open communication, new experiences, and the help of a therapist, you can build more secure representations of relationships that will allow you to connect more authentically to others while staying true to yourself.
My approach combines insights from cognitive behavioural psychology, positive psychology, and attachment theory. I am a strong believer that you are the expert when it comes to your wellbeing and that my job is to help you uncover and cultivate your strengths. I also believe that small changes in your beliefs and behaviours can have a long-lasting impact and I will help you articulate both your distant and your immediate goals.
Email or Call Adela Apetroaia, PhD at 44 793-983-3768
More Info About My Practice
I can see you in person at Terapia Consultancy (London, EC1R) or via Skype.
* AN INITIAL CONSULTATION session of 30 minutes
* TAILORED CONSULTANCY/COACHING sessions of 60 minutes
* Different PACKAGES of six to nine sessions. With any of the packages, you will be able to seek my advice via email or text if necessary. You will get action steps and homework assignments and I will hold you accountable in order to help you reach your individual goals.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Because of my twelve year experience in the scientific study of love relationships, my strength is in helping people relate to others more meaningfully, negotiate the desired degree of closeness in relationships, communicate openly, ask for and provide the required emotional support.
My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
I see the purpose of psychotherapy as twofold: to help you figure out what it means to be the best person you possibly can and to help you become that person. The notion of 'best person' can include emotional adjustment, contentment, fulfilling your creative potential, becoming a better partner or a better parent. What matters is that the answer to this question is consciously and authentically yours.
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
- Psychological Evaluation
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.