My Approach to Helping
I am here to help you return to wholeness, expand, grow, and discover or rediscover your true self. Maybe you’ve had dark times. Maybe you’ve felt ripped apart. Maybe you’re experiencing anxiety, depression, grief, the effects of trauma, or difficulty in your relationships, and there’s a small voice inside you saying, “I’m so tired of being in pain.” -------------------- I hold a space for you that is warm and open, where you are allowed to just BE. Where you can feel safe expressing and exploring what has been weighing you down. I provide talk therapy (including somatic work, mindfulness, and play) as well as EMDR for individuals, children and teens, couples, and families.
More Info About My Practice
I'm available for in-person sessions with proof of vaccination and a mask, or teleheath.
I work under the supervision of Laura Filip, LCSW 21338, and Michele Wilkens, Psy.D., PSY25549.
My Role as a Therapist
Clients often come to therapy wanting relief from distress as well as wanting to know themselves better. I consider my role to be a collaborator with you:
- to receive you and allow you the space and time to vent, share, and explore.
- to provide guiding inquiry and point out things I might notice as you share (e.g. patterns, connections, or possible meanings).
- to perhaps sometimes gently challenge you to consider new perspectives and possibilities or look at uncomfortable feelings.
- to help you identify the things you might need to help you feel better.
- to help you identify and learn new tools that you feel support your values and desires for yourself.
How My Own Struggles Made Me a Better Therapist
I feel I can relate to the fear you might feel coming to therapy and to the anxiety and sadness you might be feeling because I've had those feelings. I've been through depression, experienced big losses and grief, felt deep rage, been beaten down by my Inner Critic, and felt afraid of facing it all. I'm a cancer survivor and a sexual abuse survivor. I am comfortable being with your pain; I am honored to bear witness to your journey.