The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) recently assembled a list of Approved Continuing Education Providers (ACEP) that are dedicated to specifically provide courses related to supporting service members and included GoodTherapy.org. This effort is part of the White House’s Joining Forces Initiative, the mission of which, according to NBCC.org, is “to improve behavioral health services for service members, veterans, and their families.”
The Joining Forces Initiative was created by First Lady Michelle Obama and Second Lady Jill Biden in 2011, and the NBCC has been actively involved with Joining Forces since its inception. In 2014 the NBCC began designating a select few of its approved continuing education providers that have made a pledge to meet two or more of the following objectives:
- Increase awareness of military mental health needs and culture through continuing education programs
- Educate mental health care providers about evidence-based treatment programs for the military community
- Provide resources and education to schools about military mental health needs
- Offer discounts on programs specifically related to training counselors and therapists about military mental health
- Make resources related to military mental health care available to professionals
GoodTherapy.org is pleased to be an approved continuing education provider with the NBCC, and even more proud to be designated as one of a select few that have taken the Joining Forces pledge. We recognize the need for better education and resources for military mental health care, and are committed to making information available to mental health professionals, as well as to service members, veterans, and their families.
Every year we host continuing education events specifically related to providing quality mental health care for the military and veteran communities, in addition to events that address mental health issues commonly experienced in these groups, such as posttraumatic stress and depression. We are honored to be listed among other top CE providers, and we take this opportunity to reaffirm our dedication to educating professionals and reducing mental health stigma.
© Copyright 2014 GoodTherapy.org. All rights reserved.