My Approach to Helping
Stuck, Frustrated, Uncertain? Is the problem not getting better despite your best efforts. My counseling will help by developing new ways of looking at the problem, gaining a better understanding of the situation, learning new ways of thinking and exploring other options and choices, all with the aim to get unstuck from the old unproductive pattern and move forward.
People can and do change, and you can too. It is like most things, if you ignore it, nothing changes (or it gets worse). But if you work toward a positive change, it will happen.
My focus is on:
- Individual: relationships (with others, self, things), career, anxiety, depression, wanting something else
- Couples: improved relationship, skills, tools, communication, empathy
- Teen: improved, more respectful relationships between parents and children
I Will Help You:
- Gain a better understanding of the dynamics of what you have come in to address.
- Understand how you got to this place.
- Understand your feelings around the situation and what to do with them.
- Understand how others might perceive the situation (which may be different from yours).
- Expand your perspective on the situation.
- Explore your options and actions you might take.
- Address obstacles that keep you from doing what you want or need to do.
- Give you tools that will help you live better.
- Establish new behaviors and a more helpful thought process.
- Talk without shame, judgment or being told what you should do.
Give me a call for a free consultation to see how my counseling will help.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
(License # 52487)