My Approach to Helping
******I offer appointments on Sundays and on weeknights.******
I am not a stereotypical licensed psychologist. I do not own a clipboard and rarely wear a tie. I am not a bobblehead and will not ask you "How does that make you feel?" I am a professional yet down to earth and easy to connect with. I am aware of and sensitive to diverse cultural backgrounds. I use empirically validated interventions (e.g., cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), family systems, applied behavior analysis (ABA), solution-focused) to inform treatment; however, I think outside-the-box and believe firmly that a "one size fits all" approach is not ideal. With over 10 years of experience in the field, my goal is to help children, adolescents, and adults develop skills and strategies to not have to see me again by fostering trust, building a therapeutic bond (using humor, at times), and developing a treatment plan with (not for) my clients.
I have specialized training to provide individual and family therapy to children, adolescents, and adults in the following areas:
* Child and adolescent behavioral issues (e.g., ADHD, ODD)
I collaborate with others (e.g., family members, physicians), when appropriate, to ensure that pieces to the puzzle are not missing. While I have many adult clients, I am often referred children and adolescents who have been unsuccessful with their former clinician(s). They especially appreciate my cool demeanor. To sell my services further, I included an outdated profile picture below that makes me look a little younger.
Outside of conducting individual and family therapy to children, adolescents, and adults, I also do the following:
- Psychological (biopsychosocial) evaluations and assessments containing diagnoses of disorders or problems and treatment recommendations (including classroom and examination accommodations when appropriate)
- Psychological examinations (e.g., Act 235 SP 8-200B for licensing of watch guards, protective patrolmen, detectives and criminal investigators)
- Functional behavior assessments (FBA) after observing clients in other settings (e.g., school)
- Clinical supervision (e.g., doctoral interns)
- Expert witness