Andrew Archer, LICSW
Andrew Archer, LICSW
|Professions: Clinical Social Worker, Psychotherapist, Social Worker|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker - 21415|
|Secondary Credential: Licensed Clinical Social Worker - 8223-123|
See other therapists in Mankato, MN.
The mind fascinates me. It can swing from worrying about the worst-case scenario to dwelling on how we should have done something differently. I've gained an understanding of thinking patterns and together we can recognize yours. One of my passions is working with families to prevent or contain issues related to mental health before it gets out of hand. My therapeutic focus is not on diagnosis or the medical model in general. I want to know about your account of events, how you manage your relationships and the environment that has shaped your experience.
My clinical approach is to provide empathic support and practical feedback to help you effectively address personal life challenges. With compassion and understanding, I will work with you to build on your strengths and attain the personal growth you are committed to accomplishing. I'll share with you my academic, clinical and personal knowledge of how to be mentally fit. If you are ready and committed to look inside, I welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
Email or Call Andrew Archer, LICSW at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 22721
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
My expertise is in working with adolescents and adults struggling o manage their mood and anxiety concerns. I believe in creating ways to reduce psychological problems without relying solely on medication. I focus initially on containing the problem or symptoms and then moving toward a state of healing with Mindfulness and EMDR interventions.
How Psychotherapy Can Help
Psychotherapy allows a person to gain insight into what is preventing them from becoming who they really are. This could be past events that trouble you or worries about the future. Together we will find the source and effectively process what you are struggling with. This is done effectively through the creation of professional bond between the therapist and the person in therapy, which includes a shared agreement regarding the goals to work on as well as the form of psychological intervention used. A collaborative agreement on the tasks and the goals of where the therapy work is headed is accomplished by the therapist's attuned, appropriate, and nonjudgmental response.
My Blog Posts
- EMDR Theory and Trauma: The Strange, the Familiar, and the Forgotten
- A Mindful Connection: Understanding the Triune Brain
- 'Harm Reduction' and Psychotropics: A GoodTherapy.org Review
- A Mental Health Diagnosis Doesn't Always Mean Answers
- Mind Your Happiness: Paying Attention to Intention
- Therapeutic Alliance: What’s Love Got to Do with Therapy?
- Turning Toward Our Fundamental Need for Connection
- Fat-Free Buddhism: Is Mindfulness Becoming a Religion?
- Don’t Even Think About It: Cognitive Avoidance and ABBT
- How Do You Know If You Are Addicted to Something?
- Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar: Prophylactic or Prayer?
- GoodTherapy.org Reviews 'Principles of Trauma Therapy'
- A Self-Help Guide to Living with Bipolar
- The Right to Remain Silent: Mindfulness in the Modern Age
- Detecting Threat: A Review of ‘Suspicious Minds’
- Is Up Really Down When It Comes to How We View Bipolar?
- You Can't Text Personal Touch: Disconnect in the Digital Age
- Hungry Bear or Fallen Tree? The Amazing Brain at Work
Please note: The video above was submitted by Andrew Archer, LICSW, and any views or opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by GoodTherapy.org. We do our best to ensure videos align with our mission and vision; however, if you find there is inappropriate content, please email us or call 888-563-2112 ext. 2.
Services I Provide
- Clinical Supervision
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.