Gerry Owen, LMFT
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
|Professions: Marriage & Family Therapist|
I'm a licensed professional.
MFT - 20280
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
Relationships delight and enhance us. But we're stuck when conversations repeat, frustrations increase, and resolution is nowhere to be found! I help you uncover the desires driving your complaints. That desire then becomes our guide to better ways of complaining and expressing feelings with safety. When we sense that loved ones hear and respond well to our desires, resolution is possible. Conversations open up, frustrations diminish and inner turmoil quiets. Everyone enjoys more of what they want.
We talk one on one or with your partner or family. Like a coach observing from the sidelines, I can see and suggest practices and tools that improve your relationships. What we do together is important but the most important learnings happen outside my office, when you practice with loved ones, when conflicts resolve and your life is more fulfilled.
How does this all work? From the moment we're born, our emotional "love brain" helps us connect with loved ones. It learns to survive our childhood challenges with tools that sometimes don't work well for us as adults. In adult relationships, those early survival strategies may cause problems and conflict but they also let us know where to direct our attention to tune up and retrain our "love brain". Using the latest research from interpersonal neurobiology, I help you and your loved ones relearn better love patterns. I believe in building from the strength you already possess include spirituality if appropriate for you.
or Call Gerry Owen, LMFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 05255
More Info About My Practice
I've been in practice for 25 years and share the office with my wife, Linda, who is also a therapist. Our office is conveniently located on Wilshire Blvd. near the Santa Monica Promenade with easy parking. Appointments are available mostly on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, morning through late evening.
When you arrive for the first appointment, please complete the personal information sheet. It helps us get started quickly and effectively. You will have my undivided attention for the 50-minute session. After listening for a clear picture of what's troubling you, I may be fairly direct, focusing on how your emotional brain is helping - or hindering - your fulfillment. I'll suggest new ways to handle old problems. You can expect "homework", tools to practice between sessions. My goal is your success.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Control Issues
- Creative Blocks
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- Identity Issues
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Men's Issues
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Trust Issues
- Values Clarification
- Body-Mind Psychotherapy
- Conflict Resolution Therapy
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Energy Psychology
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- Family Attachment Narrative Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Guided Therapeutic Imagery
- Integration of different therapy models
- Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions
- Object Relations
- Other - Not Listed Here
- Parent Work
- Process Oriented Psychology
- Relationship Enhancement Therapy
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Systems Theory /Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.