My Approach to Helping
• Are you struggling with recurring negative thoughts, emotions, behaviors and habits?
• Do you cope with life’s issues with substances or poor decisions, feeling trapped, with little or no hope?
• Does your future seem and feel aimless, listless and pointless? If so, I believe I can help you with that.
Now offering substance use disorder group therapy!
Hello, my name is Chris Coleman, owner, Clinical Director & Supervisor of Liberation Counseling & Consultation, LLC, licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia, Maryland and for telehealth in Florida. It’s not as important of how much I know. You want to know how much I care, right? With compassion, empathy and skill, let’s work together, to get you, liberated.
My primary theoretical approaches are Cognitive Behavioral, Reality (Choice), Motivational Interviewing (Enhancement), Solution Focused and group therapy. I utilize the evidenced-based approaches from the scientific training, yet, my base and strength of therapy, come from a faith-based model, which means, the approach is from the inside, out. My approach is one of compassion, empathy, person-centered, genuine and to be upfront to find where you want to go, and how I may walk with you to get you there. You are treated with dignity and respect as a person, not as a diagnosis.
More Info About My Practice
• I entered the field in 1994
• Utilize evidenced-based approaches from my scientific and educational training, with life experiences, including faith-based, meaning, the approach is from the inside, out.
• One of my mottos, “If it causes a problem, then it is a problem.”
• Genuine and upfront to assist you, where you want to go, and how I may walk with you to get you there.
• You are treated with dignity and respect as a person, not as a diagnosis.
My practice now has an official brick & mortar office for face to face, to go along with telehealth provisions. Now offering substance use disorder group therapy!
My Role as a Therapist
To provide evidenced based (the science & practice) with biblically based (Spiritual foundation) services to assist those suffering from mental health, substance use and co-occurring disorders. The approach is one of empathy, compassion, with the understanding, it's not your fault, but it is your fight. The aim to empower those served with hope, healing and wisdom to overcome, to experience, liberty.We will always pray for you, and will ask for permission to pray, WITH YOU.
What I Usually Need to Know to Help
Instead of the approach, "What's wrong with you", I would like to know, "What happened to you?". Understanding we all have a story; however, instead of making comparison to what others have done, how it impacted them, etc,. let's find out about you, and how it impacted and impacts, you, now. It's not your fault, but it is your FIGHT!