|Professions: Counseling Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy, Psychotherapy|
I'm a certified professional.
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
I believe that people have an innate capacity for self-healing. One instrument, which I try to foster is the clients creative or adaptive ability. I also work towards uncovering any faulty beliefs or personal myths which are working against their life goals. The unconscious holds much of the wisdom, which can remove these fault beliefs and unhealthy myths. I also encourage a holistic approach to healthy living and believe mindful meditation is helping for staying grounded.
or Call Glenn Graves at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 27879
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
The road to recovery is paved with good intentions and we try to help clients set realistic and ambitious goals. Sometimes this means not drinking at all. Sometimes this is about a gradual withdrawal from alcohol, while learning new and healthier coping skills.
ANGER AND STRESS MANAGEMENT
We take a deep look at the cognitions that are triggering the negative reaction. The goal is to learn a useful and appropriate response. As a complement to therapy, and for ongoing self-regulation of behavior, mindfulness based stress reduction education is incorporated.
ANXIETY AND PANIC ATTACKS
Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) is a very effective treatment for anxiety and panic.
It's important to acknowledge the loss before one can begin to explore the many options for moving forward.
One of the goals in the therapeutic approach is to determine if the person can find their way forward with new coping skills and new strengths, which had yet to be discovered.
It's helpful to view counseling as introspective look at the dynamic in the relationship. The main emphasis will be on establishing a sense of safety before either party can attempt to feel 'heard'. Then, the focus can shift to self-reflection in the dynamic, and how to inspire change in your partner. Finally, skills on communicating and creating positivity will be taught.
TRAUMA AND ABUSE
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Narrative therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
- Home-Based Therapy
- Psychological Evaluation
- Creative Arts Therapy
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Aggression and Violence
- Blended Family Issues
- Control Issues
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Emotional Abuse
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Military and Veterans Issues
- Physical Abuse
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sex Addiction
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Sexuality / Sex Therapy
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Young Adult Issues
- Anger Management
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Art Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Collaborative Couple Therapy
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Developmental Model of Couples Therapy
- Dreamwork and Dream Analysis
- Exposure Therapy
- Expressive Arts Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Humanistic Psychology
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Positive Psychology
- Positive Psychotherapy
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.