The Technology of Mental Performance: Sports Psychology in Practice and Hypnosis as a Practice Tool
Presented by Mitch Smith, LCSW-C on 12-07-2012 at 9 a.m. Pacific
In this presentation Mitch Smith will discuss basic concepts of sports psychology and how to incorporate this knowledge into clinical practice. Mitch will discuss his own experience as a world class athlete in the sport of racquetball and how he has used everything he teaches athletes to achieve the number one ranking in the world in his sport. He will speak about how hypnosis is used in sports psychology and examine how hypnosis has been an underutilized tool to enhance performance in athletes. The workshop is appropriate for clinicians who have experience in sports psychology and hypnosis and also for those who have no experience in these fields.
This Web Conference is designed to help clinicians:
1. Apply basic concepts of sports psychology;
2. Describe how an athlete can be trained to enhance their performance through mental training;
3. Explain the benefits of hypnosis to enhance athletic performance.
If you have any questions about this Web Conference or would like more information, please contact us here.
How the Web Conference Works
In short, participants will be able to listen to the event by calling in to our teleconference center. Prior to the event, all participants will be sent an email with instructions on how to login to the teleconference center. This event will include lecture, interaction, and question and answer periods.
All are available to GoodTherapy.org members at no additional cost.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours.
GoodTherapy.org is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This Web Conference is available for free to GoodTherapy.org members.
This event has already taken place. An audio recording for this event may be available in the Member's Area.
Meet the Presenter
Mitch Smith, LCSW-C
Mitch Smith, LCSW-C, received his master’s degree in social work from Temple University. He is an expert in the clinical use of hypnosis and is board-certified in clinical hypnosis by the American Board of Hypnosis—the highest credentialing a licensed professional can achieve. Mitch is an approved consultant and has certification in clinical hypnosis from the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis. Mr. Smith has 29 years experience in the mental health field.
For more information about Mitch and his work, please visit http://mentalperformance.net
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org is Approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content. APA approval applies to all events listed after May 2011.
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.