Exploring the Dreaming Mind: A Creative Approach
Presented by Fariba Bogzaran, PhD on 10-12-2012 at 9 a.m. Pacific to 10:30 a.m. Pacific (1:30 p.m. Eastern)
The dreaming mind presents a vast range of experiences that cannot be reduced to a simple theory or a method. Such complexity of the mind presents a challenge within therapeutic sessions.
This Web Conference will explore the architecture of sleep and the different types of dream experience ranging from normative/ordinary to extraordinary dreams. Dr. Bogzaran will also discuss the more common assumptions behind dream interpretation.
Dr. Bogzaran will present ways to approach dreams from a creative and holistic view called Integral Dream Practice (IDP). Using principles of IDP, participants will have an opportunity to learn how to approach dreams within the proper context of their own therapeutic practice.
This Web Conference is designed to help clinicians:
- Identify different types of dreams and how to approach them;
- Examine the philosophy of dream practice, the common assumptions about dream interpretation, and the ethics of dreamwork;
- Explore different modalities to approach dreams;
- Apply creative methodologies to one dream to gain insight.
If you have any questions about this Web Conference or would like more information, please contact us here.
All are available to GoodTherapy.org members at no additional cost.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours.
GoodTherapy.org is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This Web Conference is available for free to GoodTherapy.org members.
This event has already taken place. An audio recording for this event may be available in the Member's Area.
Meet the Presenter
Fariba Bogzaran, PhD
Fariba Bogzaran, PhD, a scientist and artist, founded the Dream Studies program at JFK University in Berkeley, California where she is currently a faculty member. She also developed over six university graduate courses on dream studies including Sleep, Dreams and States of Consciousness; Lucid Dreaming; Dreams and Creativity; Dreams and Shamanism, and others. The International Association for the Study of Dreams recognized Fariba for her distinguished contribution.
She conducted the first major scientific research project on the spiritual experiences in lucid dreaming in the 1980s (Experiencing the Divine in Lucid Dream State, UMI, 1989) and a phenomenological studies of visual vocabulary in transpersonal experiences in lucid dreaming (Images of the Lucid Mind, UMI, 1996). She was the recipient of a grant from the Institute of Noetic Sciences for her innovative post-doctorate research, which resulted in the development of an interdisciplinary consciousness and art movement called Lucid Art (Lucid Art and Hyperspace Lucidity, Human Sciences Press 2003).
Since 1984, she has trained students, psychologists and psychiatrists in creative methods of dream awareness in Canada, Asia, Europe and United States. Among her academic publications are Extraordinary Dreams and how to work with them (SUNY Press, 2002) and Integral Dreaming: A Holistic Approach to Dreams (SUNY Press, 2012). For more information, please visit her here.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org is Approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content. GoodTherapy.org received APA approval in May 2011. Events after 2011 may meet APA requirements for Continuing Education credits.
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.