For over 40 years, The Meadows has been an industry leader in behavioral healthcare. Our exceptional combination of world-class Senior Fellows, multi-disciplinary clinical team, and positive outcomes sets us apart from other trauma, addiction, and recovery treatment centers.
About Our Center
Nestled in the scenic landscape of Arizona’s high desert, The Meadows treatment center provides holistic care that heals mind, body, and spirit. We focus on recovery from trauma, whether related to addiction, family-of-origin issues, or abuse in any form. We do this by examining the core issues and subsequent developmental patterns that have contributed to unhealthy behaviors, and treating the underlying cause—unresolved psychological trauma. This approach is the foundation of our specialized program and why we are the nation’s premier inpatient treatment center for trauma and addiction.
Our patients benefit from the leadership expertise of our team of Senior Fellows, including Pia Mellody, Dr. Claudia Black, Dr. Shelley Uram, Dr. Bessel van der Kolk, Dr. Patrick Carnes, Dr. Peter Levine, Dr. Kevin McCauley, and others. Each is a world-renowned expert who guides our treatment approach and provides on-going training of our caring team of professionals.
Our core treatment approach focuses on nervous system regulation and related emotional trauma, making our programs uniquely able to help the most critically complex patient. Consistent throughout our specialized inpatient programs you can expect:
• Integrated trauma services
• Signature Survivors: Healing Childhood Relational Trauma workshop
• Extensive assessments and diagnosis
• Multi-disciplinary team of providers, including a psychiatric specialist, regular primary care, 24-hour nursing, registered dietitians, and licensed master’s and doctoral level therapist therapists
• Neurofeedback to address brain dysregulation and enhance treatment
• Individualized, therapeutic modalities, such as Somatic Experiencing® (SE), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, and Emotional Freedom Technique
• On-site Brain Centers designed to promote self-regulation skills that enhance and expedite the recovery process
• Experiential ways of learning such as Equine Assisted Therapy, Expressive Arts Therapy, and ropes course
• Regulatory activities that enrich the recovery process, including acupuncture, meditation, yoga, tai chi, mindfulness, and drumming
• Extensive family programming