My Approach to Helping
I believe that, as people become more aware and accepting of themselves, they are more capable of finding happiness and contentment in their lives. My goal is to help you uncover your true potential and lead a life that is worth celebrating. While we can’t change difficult situations of the past, we can work together to better understand and resolve challenges in your life. By applying complementary therapy approaches and techniques, we will unearth long-standing behavior patterns or negative perceptions that may be holding you back from experiencing a more fulfilling and meaningful life. Together we will work to identify goals, work towards reaching those goals, and work to improve resiliency, adaptability, assertiveness, and empowerment in your life, work, and relationships.
Taking the first step towards working with a therapist can be scary for anyone. However, as a clinician, I believe that fear and courage are two sides of the same coin. In order for us to appreciate courage, we have to appreciate fear as well and face it head on. Together, we will do just that, looking at areas of your life where you feel stuck or lost and approach it in a way that feels safe and manageable. And today you are one step closer to a new you where you feel empowered and on a positive path to growth and well-being.
If you're looking for extra support and guidance through a challenging situation or you're just ready to move in a new direction in your life, I look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.
Call or email today to schedule your first appointment.
More Info About My Practice
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Although you are welcome to use your insurance benefits, please note that I am considered an out-of-network provider. If you wish to use your insurance benefits, I will be happy to provide a receipt of services super bill at the end of each session so you can submit it to your insurance company for reimbursement. Payment of services is expected at the end of each session. Cash, checks, HSA debit cards, and major credits are all accepted.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
- Depression and anxiety
- Adjustment to changes in life (e.g., separation divorce, empty nest, relocation, job loss change, etc.)
- Issues with making or keeping friends
- Social Anxiety
- Issues related to family life, including blended and step-families
- Test performance anxiety
- Low self-esteem self-acceptance self-compassion
- Coping with grief loss
- Issues related to job career and work-life balance
- Stress pain health management
- Assertiveness training
- Non-court mandated and non-violent anger management
- Couples communication relationship conflict
- Problem-solving decision-making skills
- Sleep disturbance sleep hygiene
- Weight management and exercise adherence
- LGBTQIA+ related issues
My Role as a Therapist
I realize that no two people are the same and as such tailor my therapy to meet the specific needs of my clients. Whether you are struggling with anxiety, depression or any other issue, I will help you recognize underlying problems, fully realize your strengths and adjust certain behaviors and thoughts to see things a different, healthier way.
My Theoretical Orientation and Approach:
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)