My Approach to Helping
Hi, I am Jun Kiat, a registered counselor, teacher, and counseling psychologist.
I have 15 years of experience working with kids, teen and working adults. It has always been my passion to help and to counsel.
I strongly believe in counseling as a way to help with one's well-being. As a trauma survivor and domestic violence survivor myself, I believe in advocating for kids’ and teens’ voices. Being a client for years, the experience has helped me to relate better with my clients in order to accompany them along the journey of healing or the journey of self-discovery.
I believe in holistic well-being. Work, life, mental health, food, shelter, art, music, coping skills, friends, family, etc are part of life and they can impact our lives in different ways. I am endeavored to help clients to find the balance, meet my clients at where they are and help them to walk the journey together. In the session, I apply a collaborative approach and work together with my client throughout the journey of counseling, self-discovery, and healing.
"People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don't find myself saying, "Soften the orange a bit on the right-hand corner." I don't try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds." Carl R. Rogers
I believe in a client-centered approach as a way to better serve my clients to help them to reach one's potential. Hence, I resonate strongly with this quote.
1. Supporting Victims of Domestic Violence by University of Sheffield
2. The 10 Core Competencies of Trauma, PTSD, Grief, and Loss by Dr. Eric Gentry & Dr. Robert Rhoton
3. Master Clinician Series: The Adverse Childhood Experiences Study by Dr. Vincent Felitti
4. Unseen Wounds: Contribution of Psychological Maltreatment to Child & Adolescent Mental Health, by American Psychological Association
5. How Should a Psychologist Advise a Heterosexual Man Who Has Sexual Thoughts About Men? by American Psychological Association
6. Introductory Competencies for LGBTQ- Affirmative Counselling by
American Counselling Association
7. Choice therapy and Reality therapy certificate
8. Graduate Training in mental health by Dr.Kelli Saginak, Ed.D.,NCC &
Dr.Thana Singarajah Ed.D.,LCPC.,NCC.
9. Advanced Workshop on Grief & Loss by Robert A. Neimeyer, Ph.D.
10. Meaning-making in the Midst of Suffering by Dr. Mark Yang,Psy.
11. QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Program by Lee Kok Han, QPR Institute
12. Relationship Development Intervention (RDI) by Maisie Soetantyo , RDI
program consultant & RDI Approved trainer
13. Challenges and Key Success Factors in Running a Care Service for Adults
with Autism (Mr Edward Marcus)
14. Compulsive or normal- a closer look at sexuality in young people with Autism
Spectrum Disorder and Other Developmental Challenges by Dr. Andrea Mayrhofer
15. International-Conference on Existential-Humanistic Psychology
For any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Whatapps : http:wasap.my+60129722088
Linkedin : https:www.linkedin.cominjun-kiat-ng-25068950
Facebook: JK's Healing Journey 心灵的陪伴旅程 https:www.facebook.comjkng91
Register Online : https:docs.google.comformsd11VYQWNNf0glBJ2PfeafQbFZA7g8NpbRl-yZwd2mXWZsedit