My Approach to Helping
Are you ready to start working on yourself and your healing? If the answer is "Yes," continue reading.
Therapy is a very personal experience, so it’s important that you feel comfortable with your therapist.
Probably, you experience some kind of stress, sadness, relationship difficulties, trauma, or addiction… or maybe you just need to talk to someone. Also, you might seek help from the therapist because you want to perform more effectively and be the best you can be. You might want to learn to manage your anxiety more effectively, or you may want to learn to regulate your mood, so your low moods have less impact on your day-to-day life. You might want to learn to relate better to others. You might want to learn more about yourself and your values and how this could impact your behavior and others. You might be struggling with changes, and you want to learn how to struggle less or integrate these changes into your life in an easier way.
And I am here to help and support you in accomplishing these goals. My nonjudgmental approach allows people to feel safe and validated. My lived experience allows me to empathize with my clients, utilizing this to empower and facilitate change.
I do not judge you, your lifestyle, or your beliefs, and I keep anything said between us confidential. You and your situation or relationship are what is important to me. I offer my clients the opportunity to learn new perspectives and to think about what's happening from a different angle. With me, you will learn to love and value yourself. When a client learns to manage his or her thoughts, the client can alter how heshe feels and make new choices about behavior.
I want to help you where you are right now.
More Info About My Practice
My name is Ilona Pon, and I am a Licensed Clinical Counselor and Life Coach. I speak four languages so that I could assist you or your family with a different language. I work with my clients on what is troubling them.
I am not a typical talk therapist. At my private practice, my clients and I identify therapeutic goals and work hard together to achieve them. Every session, we do the work. If you are interested in me as a therapist, please expect to do your part: homework, processing, and using skills. At the same time, you'll always feel understood, validated, and supported. Most of my clients, around 85% of all my cases, got great benefits and results from counseling. The other 15% were not ready to change, and that's okay. Everyone has a different pace and timeline of healing. The most important is not stopping the healing process, whether with another therapist or me.
My areas of expertise are:
- self-issues (low self-esteem and self-confidence; self-hate; troubles with self-worth and self-acceptance)
- couples therapy (dating couples, pre-marital, married couples, post-marital)
- infidelity ( helping women to recover after their partner's infidelity, guiding them to decide their relationship's future, and continuing to support them during the divorce process.)
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or want to start your healing.
Thank you for reading, and enjoy your day!
What I Love about Being a Psychotherapist
Being a psychotherapista counselor is not an easy task. You hear hurtful and tearful life-stories from adults and kids...and my biggest wish is to reduce their pain and fear. Shortly, what I love about being a counselor are helping and supporting the clients and seeing their changesgrowth. When, I notice slightest positive changes in my clients, my heart sings.