My Approach to Helping
Hi! I'm Emily, and I believe we are all capable, through introspection and curiosity, of fostering our own values and improving our relationship with others as well as ourselves. I offer a compassionate, encouraging, safe, and empowering space for you to learn and grow.
I support a broad spectrum of clients to develop self-awareness and ease into acceptance in times of psychological, relational, and existential difficulty. Specifically, my work is tailored to serve clients who are seeking:
* An opportunity to better identify and understand their neurodivergent (ND) brains - both how they work, and how to work with them (with a particular focus on those with ADHD and or Autism);
* Support navigating the challenges inherent to operating as a ND person in a world designed for neurotypical (NT) people;
* Support navigating the complex waters of open and non-monogamous & poly relationships;
* A chance to learn about attachment styles, how past relationship patterns can move us into a place of more being more securely attached and fulfilled in our partnerships; and
* An inclusive, kink-aware & affirming, and body & sex-positive environment that is safe for growth.
Regardless of your identity or what you would like to accomplish through therapy, I will show up without judgment, and with a commitment to authenticity and depth-oriented counseling, in a space for growth. My goal is for our work to support you in discovering a new perspective on life that creates room (and tools!) for lasting change.
I work through the lens of Restoration Therapy, which is a therapeutic model that efficiently identifies a your identity and safety patterns, while empowering your emotional regulation and mindfulness for lasting change. By understanding what is motivating these patterns, we can focus on creating intentional, healthier-for-YOU patterns that expand the realm of “possible” in your life.
Some of the techniques I use are Restoration Therapy, Internal Family Systems, Mindfulness, Somatic Experiencing, and Art Therapy.
In my former life, I have been an opera singer, an executive assistant, a whiskey sommelier, a bartender, and nothing brings me more joy than learning from and being connected to others. I look forward to walking beside you on your journey of building an intentional and fulfilling life!