My Approach to Helping
I am a (LMHC) Licensed Mental Health Counselor and a (MFT) Marriage and Family Therapist. I provide therapy in a comfortable, flexible, and down-to-earth manner. I tend to be easy going, gentle, and supportive. I am honest, non judgmental, a great listener, and highly confidential.
I'll let you know what I hear going on. I will give you suggestions either for how we can approach your problems together, or for ways you can deal with them yourself between sessions. You won't be alone in the work that we do together - I will be an active participant in your therapy.
If some part of your life is not working for you, maybe you've received poor instructions. The good news is we can re-educate ourselves. GOAL: Recover satisfaction in all your relationships, including with- yourself! I can also help when you just need a new perspective on a situation. I'll tell you if I think that you are following any patterns and suggest ways to interrupt those patterns.
I welcome the opportunity to use my skills to help enhance your existing lifestyle, and to teach you the process for getting the very best out of your life.
More Info About My Practice
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) with a specialty in marriage, parenting, children and couples.
- Degree in Mental Health Counseling with a concentration and dual enrollment in marriage and family therapy.
- Degree in psychology from The University of South Florida.
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator. Training from The University of South Florida.
- University of Tampa as a transient student and earned a minor in marketing with concentrations in athletics and personal growth.
- Clinical Consultant at Worker's Health Management.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapist (CBT) for various mental health issues and medical issues including pain management, fibromyalgia and chronic pain.
- Certified as a Master Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner among other therapeutic applications.
- Founder and President of Real Inc. Where Real Learning Is Found Everywhere~ A Non-Profit Organization~ .
- Completed Level 1 Training in Gottman Method couples therapy.
- State Approved clinical supervisor for and registered internspracticumfield study students.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Holistic health coach focusing on Lifestyle, Wellness and the Psychology of Eating and Nutrition
SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) Certified for feedingeating issues and assess for development, learning, behavior, cognition, nutrition, and environment.
Experience working with several different types of clients and organizations including:
*Success for Kids and Families Inc. - a community wrap-around strength based program.
*Kathy's Place- a center for grieving children and families leading both adult and children's
*The Children's Cancer Center bereavement and oncology support team.
*Served on the Board of The Tampa Bay Association for Psychotherapists and affiliated
with several different professional organizations (see Affiliations link).
*Member of Chi Sigma IOTA- International Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society.
We also host a variety of group therapy programs. Please visit my website or call for more information. Thanks!