Find a Therapist in Mountain View, CA
Psychotherapist, Life Coach, Marriage & Family Therapist
Age groups I work with: Children, Teens, Adults, Elders
"I offer Solution-Focused Somatic Psychotherapy (body-centered psychotherapy) and career coaching. I am non-judgmental and supportive. I don't have an agend"... Read More
About Mountain View
Mountain View is a city in Santa Clara County, California. It is located between the Santa Cruz Mountains and San Francisco Bay. Mountain View has a land area of 12 square miles.
Mountain View has 80,000 inhabitants. From 2010 to 2016, the number of residents increased by 9%. The ethnic composition of the city is 46% white, 27% Asian, 20% Hispanic, and 2% black. More than 2,200 military veterans live in Mountain View.
Around 77% of the people in Mountain View are American citizens, compared to 93% of people nation-wide. Almost 39% of residents are foreign-born. Forty-five percent of the city’s inhabitants speak a foreign language at home. Mountain View has 11,100 Spanish speakers, 6,000 Chinese speakers, 2,200 Russian speakers, and 1,800 Hindi speakers.
People in Mountain View have an average yearly salary of $61,700. The median household income is $109,200. Forty-one percent of families own their home. Roughly 9% of Mountain View residents live below the poverty line.
Mental Health in Mountain View
Parents in Mountain View who are concerned about their child’s behavior around fire can call the Youth Firesetter Intervention Program. Certified fire department personnel work with children and their families to evaluate the specific circumstances in each case. Youths with mental health concerns may be referred to an agency for further evaluation and treatment. Children without mental health concerns may be placed in an educational program to learn about fire safety.
- Mountain View. (n.d.). Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved from https://www.britannica.com/place/Mountain-View-California
- Mountain View, CA. (n.d.). Data USA. Retrieved from https://datausa.io/profile/geo/mountain-view-ca
- QuickFacts: Mountain View city, California. (n.d.). United States Census Bureau. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/mountainviewcitycalifornia/PST045216
- Welcome to Mountain View. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.mountainview.gov/about/default.asp
- Youth Firesetter Intervention Program. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.mountainview.gov/depts/fire/safety/firesetters.asp