Voice Dialogue: A Psychospiritual Approach
Presented by Cassandra Cosme De Pree and Miriam Dyak on 02-27-2009 at 9 a.m. Pacific to 10:30 a.m. Pacific (1:30 p.m. Eastern)
Voice Dialogue, and the Psychology of Selves from which it developed, holds a view of human beings as having everything they need for wholeness and balance. It is understood that the human psyche is multi-faceted, made up of a great many inner selves which each have personalities of their own. Healthy multiplicity is viewed as normal and differentiated in quality from diagnoses such as DID/MPD. Inconsistency of behavior is simply the result of these different selves being at odds with each other and of the person unconsciously switching from one part of their personality to another, often out of habit.
The Voice Dialogue facilitator honors each of these selves and assumes each self (even the "problem" ones) has good reasons for its behavior, at least from its perspective. The task is to discover what each self has to offer and help the client start using the gifts of their selves consciously rather than having them run her or his life "on automatic." The result is more conscious behavior, a steady increase in freedom and choice, and a rebalancing of the personality based on current reality, rather than on the early life experiences which influenced the development of the selves.
This web conference will include the development of Voice Dialogue, originated by Drs. Hal and Sidra Stone; the Voice Dialogue Consciousness Model; a short demonstration of Voice Dialogue Facilitation; examples of case studies; a guided exercise; and question and answer periods.
If you have any questions about this web conference, or would like more information, please contact us here.
All are available to GoodTherapy.org members at no additional cost.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This web conference is available at no cost to GoodTherapy.org members.
This event has already taken place. An audio recording for this event may be available in the Member's Area.
Meet the Presenters
Cassandra Cosme De Pree
Cassandra Cosme De Pree brings a passion for learning coupled with a deep curiosity of the inner workings of human beings and their relationships. Her approach to learning involves deep immersion in an area of interest, since she prefers to experience the process as she learns. This has been true for her as a mother, as a martial artist, as a dancer, and as a practitioner and teacher of the art of Voice Dialogue. Cassandra brings a natural talent for investigation of psychological process and a deep respect for an individual's internal process. This, coupled with her skills for reading emotional energy and making broader intuitive connections in a client's life, form the basis for her use of Voice Dialogue.
Cassandra is a senior staff member at Thera—the training institute of Drs. Hal and Sidra Stone, originators of the Voice Dialogue method and Psychology of Selves—and co-founder, with Miriam Dyak, of The Voice Dialogue Institute, an organization that trains therapists in using the Voice Dialogue method and offers workshops specializing in the application of Voice Dialogue in personal growth and development to non-mental health professionals.
Miriam Dyak has been facilitating Voice Dialogue in private practice for nearly 20 years. She is the author of The Voice Dialogue Facilitator's Handbook, now used worldwide as the primary textbook for learning the Voice Dialogue method. She teaches advanced facilitator trainings and, together with Cassandra Cosme De Pree, co-founded The Voice Dialogue Institute. Miriam is a senior staff member at Thera, the training institute of Drs. Hal and Sidra Stone, originators of the Voice Dialogue method and Psychology of Selves. She has also been a teacher/presenter at Voice Dialogue conferences in Europe. She has written curricula for facilitator trainings and workshops and was the first Voice Dialogue teacher to create Voice Dialogue teleclasses and to record guided Voice Dialogue exercises on audio CDs. She sees individuals and couples in her private practice in Seattle and is one of the few facilitators combining Sand Play with Voice Dialogue.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.