Megan MacCutcheon, LPC
Megan MacCutcheon, LPC
|Professions: Counselor, Psychotherapist, Life Coach|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: LPC - 0701005482|
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Vienna, VA.
I believe that therapy can help individuals to overcome obstacles and create changes that result in a better quality of life. You may be facing serious challenges and experiencing significant emotional difficulties, or you may just need a safe space to open up about various stressors. My goal is to help you unravel and process the individual hurdles that stand in the way of achieving a happier and more fulfilling life.
I enjoy helping people explore new ways to cope with symptoms of stress, anxiety, depression, and unresolved trauma, and I am passionate about connecting people to resources that can help them grow and succeed.
I offer individual and group therapy and provide a comfortable, compassionate, and non-judgmental environment. I view therapy as a collaborative process and welcome you to ask questions and share your thoughts on what works best for you.
Everyone's journey is unique and the decision to seek help can be both scary as well as hopeful. I encourage you to view my web site for additional information and to get in touch if I can be of help in setting up an appointment or answering questions. I look forward to hearing from you!
Email or Call Megan MacCutcheon, LPC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 07962
More Info About My Practice
One of my favorite aspects to my work is helping individuals to build self-esteem. I view building self-esteem as an ongoing, lifelong process and believe that a healthy self-image is an integral part to feeling good and leading a happy, well balanced life. I regularly teach a Building Self-Esteem workshop. For information on upcoming dates and locations, please contact me. The workbook, "Building Self-Esteem: A Guide to Achieving Self-Acceptance & a Healthier, Happier Life," is now available for purchase on Amazon.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Sexual Abuse / Trauma, Domestic Violence / Abuse, Self-Esteem Issues, Changing Negative Patterns of Thinking
My Blog Posts
- What You Can Do to Raise Awareness of Child Abuse
- On the Road to a New Relationship, Stay Alert to Red Flags
- How Does Pageant Culture Affect Participants’ Self-Esteem?
- Sometimes, the Best Closure Involves Leaving the Door Open
- A Shift in Perspective: Finding Comfort and Achievement
- Silent Epidemic: Lack of Assertiveness and Low Self-Esteem
- Why I Charge for Late Cancellations and No-Shows to Therapy
- The Price of Perfection: How Perfectionism Holds You Back
- Reclaiming Your Voice: Saying No to Emotional Abuse
- Trauma and the Body: When Anniversaries Aren’t So Happy
- When You've Had Enough: Knowing Your Stress Threshold
- What If Babies and Toddlers Understand More Than We Think?
- Learning Through Play: The World as Your Child's Classroom
- Inspiring Your Own Joy: The Lessons of Pixar’s 'Inside Out'
- Postpartum Depression: It’s Not Just About Feeling Sad
- Understanding Dissociation and When It Becomes Problematic
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Group Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Building Self-Esteem; Trauma Victims; Sexual Abuse Victims; Victims of Domestic Violence (emotional abuse, physical abuse, etc.); Dissociative Identity Disorder
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.