The New Rules of Marriage
Presented by Terry Real, LICSW on 03-18-2011 at 9 a.m. Pacific to 10:30 a.m. Pacific (1:30 p.m. Eastern)
Terry Real will introduce participants to his groundbreaking, new art form of Relational Life Therapy (RLT). This model of therapy is akin to "relationship jujitsu," in which couples build on each other's momentum and get what they need by empowering their partner to give it to them.
This web conference is intermediate instructional level and designed to help clinicians:
- Use leverage to break through impasses in couples therapy and turn the couple towards progress;
- Describe Relational Life Therapy tools such as: Scanning for Addictions, Acting Out Issues, Stance/Stance and the Dance, Family of Origin, and Inner Child Issues;
- Empower the "latent" and reconnect the "blatant” to achieve a renewed bond going forward in their therapy.
How the Web Conference Works
In short, participants will have two options for participating in this event. Option one, listening to the event by calling in to our teleconference center. Option two, listening to the event by calling in to the teleconference and viewing the event online. Prior to the event all participants will be sent an email with instructions on how to log in to the teleconference and videoconference center. This event will include lecture, interaction, and question and answer periods.
All are available to GoodTherapy.org members at no additional cost.
Continuing Education (CE) Information
1.5 CE credits will be provided by GoodTherapy.org for attending this web conference in its entirety.
GoodTherapy.org is also an Approved Education Provider by NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals (provider #135463). Of the eight counselor skill groups ascribed to by NAADAC, this course is classified within counseling services.
GoodTherapy.org is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements.
GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: March 30, 2016 through March 30, 2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive two clinical continuing education clock hours. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for this program and its content and is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
GoodTherapy.org, SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0395.
This web conference is available at no cost to GoodTherapy.org members.
This event has already taken place. An audio recording for this event may be available in the Member's Area.
Meet the Presenter
Terry Real, LICSW
Before launching his groundbreaking new company, REAL Relational Solutions, Terry founded the Relational Life Institute (formed in 2002 as The Relational Recovery Institute). A family therapist and teacher for more than twenty years, Terry is the best-selling author of I Don’t Want to Talk About It: Overcoming the Secret Legacy of Male Depression (Scribner, 1997), the straight-talking How Can I Get Through to You? Reconnecting Men and Women (Scribner, 2002), and most recently The New Rules of Marriage: What You Need to Make Love Work (Random House). Terry knows how to lead couples on a step-by-step journey to greater intimacy and greater personal fulfillment.
A senior faculty member of the Family Institute of Cambridge in Massachusetts and a retired Clinical Fellow of the Meadows Institute in Arizona, Terry has worked with thousands of individuals, couples, and fellow therapists. Through his books, the Institute, and workshops around the country, Terry helps women and men, parents and non-parents to create the connections they desire in their relationships.
Terry's work, with its rigorous common-sense approach, speaks to both men and women. His ideas on men's issues and on couples therapy have been celebrated in venues from The Today Show and 20/20 to Oprah and The New York Times. He is a regular contributor to Good Morning America.
Continuing Education Provider Approvals
- GoodTherapy.org has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6380. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. GoodTherapy.org is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- This course has been approved by GoodTherapy.org, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #135463. GoodTherapy.org is responsible for all aspects of their programming.
- GoodTherapy.org, provider #1352, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. GoodTherapy.org maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 03/30/2016 – 03/30/2019. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 2 clinical continuing education clock hours.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0395.
- GoodTherapy.org, LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0022 and for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0031.