My Approach to Helping
The individuals and couples I work with may desire help with:
- Finding a healthy balance between family, work, and their relationships
- Successfully coping with life transitions such as change in relationship status, career change, or having children
- Strategies to calm anxious thoughts or reduce worrying
- Coping skills for alcohol or addiction issues in their relationship or family
- Improving intimacy and communication in their relationship
- Skills to work through conflict respectfully in their relationship
- Reducing reactivity to past traumatic experiences
More Info About My Practice
I offer a free 30 minute in-person consultation to see if we are a good fit to work together.
I have the great privilege of working with people from many life circumstances and experiences. I work successfully with people from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic communities, and I enjoy working with heterosexual and LGBTQ individuals and couples.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
Beyond traditional client concerns such as anxiety, depression, and stress management, I also have more extensive experience in EMDR therapy and working with individuals/couples/families struggling with addiction/substance abuse.
My Role as a Therapist
Since 2011 I have been helping individuals, couples and families in both hospital and private practice settings. My goal is to help you adopt healthy practices, and overcome the challenges that may be preventing you from having more fulfilling relationships and a happier life.
I am an AAMFT Approved Supervisor and MN Marriage and Family Therapy Board Approved Supervisor. I can provide supervision for any person working towards licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist. I am a MN Behavioral Health & Therapy Board Approved Supervisor and can provide supervision for any person working towards licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC).
How My Own Struggles Made Me a Better Therapist
My own experience changing careers after 16 years in financial services helps me understand how big life changes can impact your relationships and overall well-being. As the parent of a young child, I also understand the challenges other parents face when trying to juggle a career, alone time, and family time.