Janet Treece MS, LCPC
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
|Professions: Counselor, Counsellor|
I'm a licensed professional.
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
My philosophy is that I am a teacher and the patient is the student. They are here to learn new ways of making their lives work better. I do not like to label people and work in a holistic manner. I believe that the patient is the most important part of the therapeutic relationship and that I am there to assist them in healing.
or Call Janet Treece MS, LCPC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 00782
More Info About My Practice
I have over 25 years of experience working with women in various aspects of healing, from pregnant adolescents to domestic violence survivors. I have worked in the academic field, helping women return to work or school, as a counselor in substance abuse programs, starting with women who are cocaine addicts and continuing my work with male and female addicts. I have worked with domestic violence survivors in and out of the court system. I have worked with batterers in group settings. I was a single mother of two who returned to school and received two degrees while working and caring for my family. I am currently married to my soul mate of 27 years. We make our relationship work by mutual respect and good communication skills. When working with couples, I stress good communication skills as well as respect for each other.
My Therapy Focus
I have had an anxiety disorder for most (if not all) of my life. As I learn more about this disorder and how it has effected my own life, I want to not only learn more about it but I want to help others manage their own anxiety. Fear of the unknown, uncontrollable anger, panic attacks,unsettled feelings in our stomach are some of the symptoms of anxiety. Through management techniques such as diet, exercise, deep breathing and self talk, I manage my own anxiety and help others to manage theirs. The use of tranquilizers as an anxiety management tool leads to dependence on the drugs and teaches us nothing about how to manage these feelings on a day to day basis.
I have been lucky enough to be married for 30 years to my sole mate. We do work at our relationship on a daily basis. Because of my anxiety, it can sometimes be tough. We have learned that open communication is the key to a good marriage. We talk about our issues without threatening the others self esteem. Learning techniques to communicate how we feel without stepping over the boundaries is very important in any relationship.
I like to work with families with behavioral issues. I see these issues as a whole family issue and not the problem of just one member of the family. I cannot fix anyone but I can help you learn new techniques for being a working family. It is all about communication,consequences and cooperation. The whole family has to be on board for it to work. Learning new techniques is the
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Domestic violence survivors, ADHD children and adults, GBLT
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Aggression and Violence
- Batterer Intervention
- Blended Family Issues
- Career Choice
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Control Issues
- Creative Blocks
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Emotional Abuse
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Identity Issues
- Inattention, Impulsivity, and Hyperactivity (ADHD)
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Physical Abuse
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Religious Issues
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Trust Issues
- Values Clarification
- Women's Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP)
- Anger Management
- Client-Directed Outcome-Informed Therapy (CDOI)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Coherence Therapy / Depth-Oriented Brief Therapy
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Depth-Oriented Brief Therapy
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapy
- Feminist Therapy
- Holistic Psychotherapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.