My Approach to Helping
Effective therapy does not simply analyze your problems, it helps you make permanent changes so that you can live the life you want. I offer marriage counseling and individual psychotherapy, working with you in a supportive manner and tailoring counseling to your unique needs, background, and preferences. I offer a comprehensive approach to help you find greater well-being and contentment, create healthier communication in your relationships, and let go of emotional suffering so you can overcome what is holding you back.
Therapy is a powerful tool to improve relationships. This may include relationships with your partner, family, or other significant people. It also includes your relationship with yourself. My 25 years' experience as a psychotherapist has shown that when people begin to improve how they treat and view themselves, even in small ways, the benefits are enormous. Together, we can do that.
Areas of special expertise include helping clients:
1) Cope with feeling overwhelmed or alone
2) Deepen intimacy and create more nurturing relationships
3) Heal from the legacy of a narcissistic family upbringing
4) Overcome self-defeating or self-destructive patterns
5) Overcome setbacks in relationships, career, finances, health, or emotional life
6) Cope with difficult people
7) Enhance creativity and well-being