Janeen Herskovitz, MA, LMHC
|Professions: Mental Health Counseling, ,|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Mental Health Counselor - MH12319|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
Fees: Free 10 minute phone consultation.
See other therapists in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.
I believe in treating all individuals with acceptance, respect and dignity. I strive to help others accept themselves and their situations, while fostering growth. I teach others how to care for themselves and provide tools for reducing stress. Most people possess the power and insight to solve their own problems, and I enjoy helping others tap into that ability. Healthy, happy relationships are the key to living a life of fulfillment, and I use this ideal as a guiding force in my practice Additionally, I am trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Therapy, which is especially effective in treating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Email or Call Janeen Herskovitz, MA, LMHC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 09724
More Info About My Practice
My specialty is helping families living with autism spectrum and related issues. It is my belief and personal experience that a healthy parent is key in raising a healthy child. I help parents navigate and cope with the stressors that accompany raising and loving a child with very special needs. My practice also includes an Art Therapist who specializes in autism, attention deficit, emotional regulation & sensory processing issues. We have several therapeutic support groups for people with ASD, parents and siblings. We are private pay only and do not accept insurance, mainly in an effort to give you the most comprehensive, private and ethical counseling experience possible.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I have been helping parents of Children with disabilities for several years, particularly Autism Spectrum Disorders. My own son has ASD and as a result I have become skilled in the areas of stress reduction, relationships, marital issues, depression and anxiety as they relate to parenting children with special needs. Healthy boundaries are necessary for self-care, and healthy relationships and most people are not equipped with these important life skills.
How My Own Struggles Made Me a Better Therapist
My experience raising a child with autism and another with ADHD & learning disabilities has strengthened my desire and ability to help other parents in similar situations.
My Blog Posts
- 3 Things People with Autism Wish You Would Stop Doing
- Help at Your Fingertips: Is Online Therapy Right for You?
- Beyond Autism Awareness: 3 Ways to Help Affected Families
- Creating a Calmer Home for Your Child on the Autism Spectrum
- 10 Keys to a Peaceful Holiday Season for Autism Families
- 5 Best Practices for Working with Autism Spectrum Parents
- 4 Ways Counseling Can Benefit Autism Spectrum Parents
- Why Do Friendships Fade for So Many Autism Spectrum Parents?
- EMDR for Children: How Safe and Effective Is It?
- Applying the ‘Four Agreements’ to Autism Parenting, Part II
- Applying the 'Four Agreements' to Autism Parenting, Part I
- Why It's Not about Making Mom and Dad Happy
- Autism Parenting: 4 Secrets to Getting Dads More Involved
- Autism Parenting: 4 Ways to Cope with ‘Vacation Blues’
- The Most Common Misconception about Autism
- EMDR Therapy for Families of Children with Autism, Part III
- Meet the GoodTherapy.org Topic Experts: Janeen Herskovitz
- EMDR Therapy for Families of Children with Autism, Part II
- EMDR Therapy for Families of Children with Autism, Part I
- Spectrum Parenting: It's the Most Wearying Time of the Year
- The Ties That Bind Mothers of Autism Spectrum Children
- Dear Disney: Your New Disability Assistance System Fails My Family
- Five Things I Learned About Autism from My Art Therapist
- Five Back-to-School Tips for Parents of Autism Spectrum Children
- Water Safety in the Land of Autism Spectrum
- Autism Spectrum and the DSM-V: More Questions Than Answers
- How Did I Miss This? Seeing the Signs of Autism Spectrum
- Thriving Parents of Children with Autism: Four Rules for Sanity
- Autism and Flight Risk: Five Ways to Keep Your Child Safe
- Rising Autism Rates: What if Your Child Is the One in Eighty-Eight?
- The Art of Comforting: How to Help
- The Art of Comforting: 3 Examples of What NOT to Do
- The Gravity of Autism, Part II
- The Gravity of Autism, Part I
- Thankfulness in the Midst of Autism
- Processing Grief Over a Loved One's Autism Diagnosis
Please note: The video above was submitted by Janeen Herskovitz, MA, LMHC, and any views or opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by GoodTherapy.org. We do our best to ensure videos align with our mission and vision; however, if you find there is inappropriate content, please email us or call 888-563-2112 ext. 2.
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Online Counseling / Phone Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
I work primarily with(but not limited to) individuals, couples and families living with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Other areas of specialty include Codependency, boundary issues, coping and self-care skills, stress management, depression, anxiety and marital issues. I am fully trained in EMDR therapy and utilize this modality to treat Trauma- related issues and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.