|Professions: Marriage & Family Therapy, Mental Health Counseling, Psychotherapy|
I'm a licensed professional.
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) - 180-006027
to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
You might be feeling completely stressed out, overwhelmed by sadness, or stuck in unhealthy habits. Maybe an important relationship has deteriorated. Or perhaps it's something else altogether that brought you here. No matter what it is, you're in good company. Millions of people use counseling and therapy to feel better and enjoy life more. There's nothing more natural and healthy than seeking assistance from someone who offers a safe and respectful space to explore concerns, and who can understand, listen, and offer new perspectives.
I invite you to learn more by giving me a call or visiting my website. My website offers details on the principles that inform my work, the services I offer, and how easy starting therapy can be. And please feel free to call me. My free phone consultation is an open invitation to talk with me about your concerns. I'll be happy to help.
or Call James Garrett, LCPC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 00770
My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
My job as your psychotherapist is to help you feel better and have a good life. It's as simple as that. It's not about "diagnosing a disorder" or "treating an illness". I simply want to do everything I can to enable you to achieve greater levels of health, well-being, and enjoyment of life.
My Guiding Ethical Principles
In short, I work hard to make every psychotherapy process: (1) Respectful, (2) Safe, and (3) Helpful.
Please feel free to visit my website for more about my guiding principles. Just click the link beneath my photo near the top of this page. And of course you are more that welcome to call; I'll be happy to help in every way possible.
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
All adults (age 18 and older) are welcome.
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Compulsive Spending / Shopping
- Control Issues
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Intelligence
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Gambling Addiction
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Men's Issues
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Multicultural Concerns
- Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
- Post Traumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sexuality / Sex Therapy
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Trust Issues
- Values Clarification
- Workplace Issues
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Integration of different therapy models
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.