Jaime Carden-O'Brien, MA, LPC
Jaime Carden-O'Brien, MA, LPC
I'm a licensed professional.
Jaime Carden-O'Brien provides a specialty practice that focuses on therapeutic work with children, adolescents and families who struggle with behavioral, social and emotional difficulties. While providing individual, adolescents, couples and family counseling to all ages Jaime specializes in play therapy for young children ages 2-10.
In order for counseling to be effective there needs to be a good match between the counselor and the client. Jaime offers a free 50 minute session to ensure a good match.
or Call Jaime Carden-O'Brien, MA, LPC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 11700
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
My specialty area is working with children and adolescents. I have specific training in working with younger ages which is critical in that children and adolescents do not tend to respond well to traditional talk therapy that is often done with adults. I work closely with parents as well in order to help the child or teen in all areas of there life.
My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
Sometimes life circumstances become overwhelming and you need help understanding how to regain control. I believe each individual possess the skills and abilities to make their life what they want it to be. Through counseling, I help clients realize their strengths and make the necessary changes to live the life they desire.
On the Fence About Going to Therapy?
Finding a good match is key. Counseling is not about someone telling you what to do or giving you the "magic" cure. Counseling is about a partnership between counselor and client to find what is going to be best for the client. If you're on the fence, a lot of counselors offer an opportunity to meet with them before making an official commitment. I would suggest taking advantage of this and begin your work with someone who you believe can help you on your journey.
Had a Negative Therapy Experience?
There are many different therapists as well as many different approaches. Let your new therapist know what didn't work before and have an honest conversation with them about what your needs are. The therapist will then be able to talk with you about how they approach therapy and the two of you, together, may decide if it is a good match or not. Don't give up, the right person is out there for you, you just have to find them.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Clinical Supervision
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Aggression and Violence
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Body Image
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Codependency / Dependency
- Communication Problems
- Control Issues
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Eating and Food Issues
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- Helplessness / Victimhood
- HIV / AIDS
- Identity Issues
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Multicultural Concerns
- Oppositional and Defiant Behavior in Children and Teen
- Physical Abuse
- Post Partum Depression
- Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Suspiciousness / Paranoia
- Trust Issues
- Women's Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Humanistic Psychology
- Integration of different therapy models
- Parent Work
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Play Therapy
- Sand Tray / Sand Play Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.