My Approach to Helping
My first goal when we meet will be to help you to feel safe and comfortable because I believe that the best work happens once you feel that you can trust me to be on your side. Coming from a non-judgmental and authentic place, I will work with you to create a therapeutic relationship that feels honest and open. People describe me as warm and approachable, and you will see that from the moment we meet.
I am a Certified Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapist and I know that you have the capacity to heal and change your life! By reprocessing traumatic life experiences we are able to work through emotional conflicts and resolve unwanted behaviors. I will incorporate other therapeutic techniques as needed to support you in your healing and personal growth. I would love to help you to achieve your goals by helping you to recognize your own strengths and inner wisdom. Let's work together to help you become your best self! I can't wait to meet you!
More Info About My Practice
I am a co-founder of EMDR Transformations Counseling, a group practice where we follow best practices in the counseling profession, collaborating regularly to ensure we're offering proven and advanced clinical interventions, and sound judgement in working with our clients. We highly value lifelong learning and continued education! You can learn more about EMDR Transformations Counseling at our website, www.emdrtransformationscounseling.com.
Check out Phoenix Magazine's Best of the Valley issue for 2021! Our practice won for Best Mental Health Facility! https:phoenixmag.secondstreetapp.comog9beeecdc-bfde-41fd-8559-7c26eaa01dcegallery279482537
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I specialize in helping people heal from traumatic experiences and attachment wounds. As a Certified EMDR Therapist I help people work through trauma and painful life experiences so they can live a life free from their past. I have advanced training in working with first responders. I also have extensive experience in working with LGBT community members and allies as well as those who are infected with or affected by HIVAIDS . I can help with healing from recent and past traumatic experiences, PTSD, anxiety, panic, depression and recovery from sexual, physical, and emotional abuse in addition to stress related illnesses. I am also interested in working with military veterans.
Important Factors for Choosing a Therapist
When seeking a therapist I think it is important to know that the person you choose is highly skilled and seeks continuing educational opportunities and consultation on a regular basis. At EMDR Transformations Counseling we value consultation. We meet for clinical consultation on a weekly basis, and we support each other with mini-consultations as often as needed. Collectively we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise and we know that our clients and we as clinicians can truly benefit when we consult regularly. Continued education allows us to deepen our understanding of concepts and techniques, and to learn new ways to help our clients heal and grow. We attend multiple trainings and conferences per year, often traveling throughout the country to learn from top industry experts. Here are some of the advanced trainings that I have attended.
* EMDR Recent Traumatic Episode Protocol
* Mindful Resonance with EMDR Therapy - Irene Siegel
* Treating Complex Trauma with EMDR Therapy: Working with the Body and Attachment - Deany Laliotis
* Dance of Attachment: An EMDR Relational Approach - Deany Laliotis
* Treating Early Attachment Wounds with Sensorimotor and EMDR Therapy - Lana Epstein
* Implicit Trauma Protocol Training - Katie O Shea
* Healing the Wounds of Attachment and Rebuilding Self - Deany Laliotis
* Structural Dissociation Training - Sara Jenkins
* Relational EMDR Therapy: Taking the Journey to the Next Level - Deany Laliotis
* Simplifying Complex PTSD: New Treatment Approaches and EMDR 2.0 - Ad de Johngh, Ph.D and Suzy Matthijssen, Ph.D
* Treating First Responders and Military with EMDR Therapy: Foundations for Effective EMDR Treatment - Dr. E.C. Hurley
* US Journal Conference on Trauma and Addiction - Bessel van der Kolk, Janina Fisher, Ph.D, Alan Downs, Ph.D
* EMDRIA ANNUAL CONFERENCES 2015, 2017, 2019