|Professions: Clinical Social Work|
I'm a licensed professional.
LCSW - LCSW-15837
I want to help you embrace your personal story and help you overcome whatever obstacles are keeping you stuck. My number one goal is to create a environment where you feel safe and comfortable working with me. We will work at a pace that works for you while also moving you towards your goals. I believe that each individual has an innate ability to grow and live the life he/she wants that is in line with what he/she values the most. This may mean identifying behavioral or emotional patterns that are keeping you stuck, strengthening relationships or communication skills, working through unresolved traumas, decreasing stress or building resiliency and expanding and deepening your natural strengths.
I have specialized training in mindfulness, EMDR trauma therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Chronic pain, and Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT). I work with adults, teens and older children in individual therapy and teach DBT skills groups for those looking to develop or enhance particular skills sets. I offer a down to earth, compassionate approach to therapy making your experience as natural and comfortable as possible.
or Call Amy Burnside, MSW, LCSW at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 28994
More Info About My Practice
I''m an out-of-network provider for all PPO insurance. You can use a Health Savings Account, Flex Spending Account, or you can pay with cash, check, or credit card and submit the receipt to your insurance company for reimbursement. My sessions run 45-53 min. and are $120 following the intake which is $175 (based on current industry standards and insurance reimbursement expectations).
I offer 15 minute, complimentary phone sessions to help you evaluate if I am a good fit for you. I also welcome questions via email. Change is hard and I look forward to helping you on this new journey.
Specific Issue(s) I'm Skilled at Helping With
I am skilled at helping clients feel comfortable in the therapy setting and teaching clients how to become more aware (Mindfulness) of their thoughts, feelings, actions, judgments, and present moment experiences. I enjoy being a part of the change process and helping clients feel empowered and confident to improve their lives.
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Group Therapy
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Abuse / Abuse Survivor Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Addictions and Compulsions
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Aggression and Violence
- Body Image
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Child and/or Adolescent Issues
- Chronic Illness / Disability
- Chronic Pain
- Codependency / Dependency
- Control Issues
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Emotional Abuse
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Health / Illness / Medical Issues
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- Money and Financial Issues
- Mood Swings / Mood Disturbance
- Physical Abuse
- Post Partum Depression
- Post Traumatic Stress / Trauma
- Pregnancy and Birthing
- Sexual Assault / Abuse
- Social Anxiety / Phobia
- Suicidal Ideation and Behavior
- Trust Issues
- Young Adult Issues
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.