|Professions: Marriage & Family Therapy|
I'm a licensed professional.
MFT - 39239
1-800-651-8085 ext. 06576
I often rely on humanistic and existential approaches. This therapeutic orientation focuses on your current challenges while exploring your self-awareness, choices, and values. We'll collaborate to nurture understanding while helping you find methods for enriching your life.
Childhood experiences can affect your relationship with and response to the world. When useful, I use psychodynamic techniques to help you understand these influences and alter their impact.
I may also use tools from cognitive therapy, which can help you alter your thoughts about your life and your challenges. These changes can affect your mood, behavior, and emotional well-being.
I can help you improve your relationship and communication skills. We'll work together to boost your listening skills while helping you more effectively express yourself. I often rely on Dan Wile's collaborative couples counseling.
I have experience with short-term therapy of 10 sessions or fewer, and long-term therapy. I'll work with you according to the therapy length you prefer, but some goals do require a lengthier commitment than others.
or Call Susan Owicki, LMFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 06576
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
Client Concerns Within Your Scope of Practice
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Aging and Geriatric Issues
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Career Choice
- Caregiver Issues / Stress
- Communication Problems
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family of Origin Issues
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- Infidelity / Affair Recovery
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Relationships and Marriage
- Sensitivity to Criticism
- Trust Issues
- Values Clarification
- Women's Issues
- Workplace Issues
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Client-Directed Outcome-Informed Therapy
- Collaborative Therapy / Collaborative Language Systems
- Conflict Resolution Therapy
- Contemplative Psychotherapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Humanistic Psychology
- Integrative Body Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness Based Approaches
- Non-Violent Communication
- Other - Not Listed Here
- Person Centered / Rogerian
By using this site, you signify your
assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.