Steve Barsky

Psy.D, LCSW, LMFT

Steve Barsky

Psy.D, LCSW, LMFT

Professions: Counselor, Marriage & Family Therapist, Psychotherapist
License Status: I'm a licensed professional.
Primary Credential: Licensed Clinical Social Worker - 146
Secondary Credential: Licensed Marital and Family Therapist - 333
Billing and Insurance:

I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage

Fees: One hour sessions cost $100.00.
Evening Availability

Offices

Brightway Insurance Center
3733 University Blvd. West Suite 212
Jacksonville, Florida 32217

View Accessibility

My Approach to Helping

My philosophy and approach to helping people is to know that this is important and serious work and be dedicated to do the best therapy, that will be a great service to you. I believe that therapy is a process that during the hour, you talk 80% and I listen the other 20%. I listen to what you do say and what you don't say. I understand that you have been indoctrinated to think and feel a certain way, some healthy and some not. I understand there are things you are not aware of that cause you consternation. I translate that for you and provide explanations and interpret what is at work. I help you understand your unconscious motivations and make them conscious. Together we help you.

More Info About My Practice

I offer private consultation and treatment. I offer individual, group, couples and family therapy. I evaluate and treat all ages. I have extensive experience with the evaluation and treatment for children, teens, adults, couples. I evaluate, diagnose and treat those with Asperger's Syndrome. I also have had specific training in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. My approach is a straight forward and effective. I want to give you a sensitive, empathic, encouraging and professional therapy treatment, that will be permanently effective.

Important Factors for Choosing a Therapist

Review as many therapists as you can. Go with your gut, go with their experience and look up their approach and the type of therapy they do, to see if it's for you. I would recommend you see a therapist who has had their own successful therapy; has seen a great number of patients, is very well trained and can be a significant service to you.

Services I Provide

  • Clinical Supervision
  • Consultation
  • Family Therapy
  • Group Therapy
  • Individual Therapy & Counseling
  • Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling

Ages I Work With

  • Children
  • Teens
  • Adults
  • Elders

Languages

  • English

Groups I Work With

    Children, Asperger's Syndrome, Veterans and couples.

Client Concerns I Treat

  • Anxiety
  • Child and/or Adolescent Issues
  • Codependency / Dependency
  • Depression
  • Developmental Disorders (Autism, Aspergers, etc.)
  • Family Problems
  • Obsessions and Compulsions (OCD)
  • Parenting
  • Posttraumatic Stress / Trauma
  • Pre-Marital Counseling
  • Relationships and Marriage
  • Self-Esteem

Types of Therapy

  • Psychodynamic
Visit Website

See other therapists in Jacksonville, FL.


By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.

GoodTherapy uses cookies to personalize content and ads to provide better services for our users and to analyze our traffic. By continuing to use this site you consent to our cookies.