The articles below cover all things private practice for mental health professionals, whether you are just starting out or looking to optimize and grow your business.
Getting Started in Private Practice:
- Your Checklist for Starting a Private Practice in Counseling
- Starting a Private Therapy Practice? Make Sure to Find Your Niche
- How to Create a Solid Business Plan for Your Private Therapy Practice
- The Pros and Cons of Starting a Private Therapy Practice
Client Care Considerations:
- When Should You Refer a Client to Another Professional?
- Is Your Office Compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act?
- Tips for Incorporating Animals Into Your Therapy Practice
- For Social Workers: Tips for Writing Case Notes
Running the Business of Your Practice:
- For Therapists: How to Identify Your Ideal Client Load
- For Therapists: What to Do When a Client No-Shows
- Techniques for Therapists: Coping with the Low Season
- Pros and Cons of a Virtual Assistant for Your Private Therapy Practice
- Time Off in the Helping Profession: Vacation Tips for Therapists
- Are You Overworked as a Therapist? When You Know You’ve Crossed the Line
- Making Your Own Schedule in a Private Practice
For more tools and resources to help your therapy practice grow and thrive, learn about GoodTherapy Membership.