Valerie Ortega,LCSW

Valerie Ortega,LCSW

Telehealth Available
Professions: Clinical Social Worker
License Status: I'm a licensed professional.
Primary Credential: LCSW - LCSW28432
Billing and Insurance:

I do not work with insurance companies

Fees: Individual Therapy Session Fee: $200 per session
Couples Therapy Session Fee: $250 per session

I do not accept insurance but I can provide a Superbill. I also accept HSA debit cards as payment.
Free Initial Phone Consultation
Evening Availability

Offices

Glendale, California 91201

My Approach to Helping

My approach is to start where you are. My clinical focus is to provide a safe, supportive, culturally sensitive, and non-judgmental environment. I believe you are the expert on your self and my role is to help you navigate that expertise in a way that helps you have more control over your overall level of happiness.
Whether you are looking to begin therapy for the first time or you are looking to return to therapy, the process of finding a therapist can feel overwhelming. The good news is, you've already taken the first step in the process by reading this. I am happy to schedule a free consultation with you to help you figure out if working together would be a good fit.

More Info About My Practice

I have been working with clients for the past 15 years in a variety of different roles and settings. I enjoy working with adult who may be struggling with anything from a change in career to a myriad of issues ranging from common feelings of depression, anxiety, irritability, sadness, and the list can go on. I also work with couples who are looking to improve aspects of their relationship, who may be struggling with a life transition such as having or not having children, or those who are experiencing significant relationship difficulties.

I provide telehealth services only. I have chosen this method of treatment in an effort to provide access to therapy services for those who lead very busy lives or to assist with easier access to therapy services for those who may not be within driving distance to where I am located.

The process of finding a therapy can feel overwhelming and daunting. The good news is you're on the right track. Please contact me for a free consultation.

How Psychotherapy Can Help

People can often wonder how does therapy work and how can talking to someone help me feel better? Therapy is a space where you can feel safe talking about, exploring, and figuring out what can help you the best with regard to what ever the life stressors you are experiencing.

My Role as a Therapist

I view my role as a therapist as someone with the intention of putting my self out of a job as your therapist. What I mean by this is; I want to assist you in understanding your thoughts and feelings about topics of concern and then assisting you with the development of skills to help you work through these concerns as well as equip you with skills that you can continue to utilize in your life without necessarily being in therapy.

The Duration and Frequency of Therapy

In my opinion, in therapy, 10% of the work happens in session and the other 90% happens outside of session, while you are living life. Typically, when client's do the work, therapy can range from anywhere from 6 months to 1 year. However, this time frame is different for every individual based on the person's needs and wants out of therapy. I have on-going discussions with my client's about how therapy is going for them, we regularly review the client's treatment plan and goals to help stay on track with meeting their treatment goals.

Image Gallery

Ages I Work With

  • Adults
  • Elders

Groups I Work With

    My primary focus is working with adults, older adults, and couples. I specialize in working with those who are part of the Sandwich Generation (i.e. those who are caretaking for both their aging parents and their children).

Industries & Communities Served

  • Education
  • LGBTQ+
  • Self-Employed and Freelance Professionals

Client Concerns I Treat

  • Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
  • Anger
  • Anxiety
  • Caregiver Issues / Stress
  • Communication Problems
  • Depression
  • Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
  • Family Problems
  • Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
  • LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender) Issues

Types of Therapy


See other therapists in Glendale, CA.


By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.

GoodTherapy uses cookies to personalize content and ads to provide better services for our users and to analyze our traffic. By continuing to use this site you consent to our cookies.