My Approach to Helping
This is time dedicated to YOU.
You will be treated with respect and ethical care in every step. My practice is rooted in a psychology degree, masters in counselling and thousands of counseling hours. It is dedicated to understand your world and walk you through the challenges you’re facing. Map out the roads you must to take. Make clear what you see in the mirror.
It all began at fifteen for me, being the "relationship advice" guy to my friends. At twenty-one, I was a youth leader helping pre-teens with relationships, studies and self-esteem. Today, I partner with individuals, academic institutes, and organizations to tackle mental health on a personal and systemic scale. But the journey wasn’t always smooth.
Completing my masters took a significant mental toll. As tuition fees dried up my finances, I went through a break up and I questioned my purpose of being a counsellor. Depression sank in deep and long. I had to humbly admit that being in mental health doesn’t immune me to mental health issues. With the help of a my support system, I was able to grow and develop a comprehensive understanding and deeper resolve.
The practice I have involves Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT) with a Holistic approach to ensure strong rapport and goal setting. We’ll be allies in overcoming your goals. My work is also complimented by current research, expert studies, tools and tests to guide you in finding the answers you’re searching for.
More Info About My Practice
I’ll guide you in achieving self-care, which includes:
- Material Needs: Security of basic necessities
- Physical Health: Sleep, diet & exercise routine
- Mental growth: Consistent intellectual and creative stimulation
- Emotional awareness: Acknowledging feelings
- Social support: People to supportgive support to
- Life philosophy: Our rulesbeliefs
- Purpose: Discovering Life’s goal
It’s a LOT.
But that's where I think counselling makes sense: in the confusion of everyday life. Give yourself an hour a week dedicated and sit with someone trained to ask the right questions and check for your blind spots. It may be what you need to get to the next level.
How Psychotherapy Can Help
As a counsellor, I've seen countless people who are just thankful they have a place to talk. Throughout their lives, they wear many hats with different responsibilities.
Psychotherapy is a refuge. Within 4 safe walls of confidentiality, they can take off all hats and be themselves with a sigh of relief. Beyond all the skills, tools and theories that I know, I know for a fact that that is the most unique benefit of psychotherapy.
My Role as a Therapist
I am available to connect with you face-to-face, on the phone, or via video-conferencing.
However you feel comfortable, wherever you are in the world. My role as a therapist is to be there for you to make sense of your emotions through situations like:
- Career guidance
- Purpose in life
- Workplace stress
- Self-esteem and identity
- Relationship issues
My Guiding Ethical Principles
- Make sure you are aware of each ethical step. Counsellor carry a heavy responsibility of ethics and confidentiality. Being on the right side of our ethical code is paramount.
- Provide a full service. Sessions include research, tools and techniques, and the emotional capacity to make the most out of each session.
- Follow-up. It is my responsibility to ensure that people who see me are better in the long run. A quick message goes a long way.