Lindsey Antin, MA, MFT
|Professions: Counseling, Counseling Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: MFT - 44452|
Billing and Insurance
I don't currently accept insurance, but I can provide documentation if clients wish to submit to an insurance company for "out of network" benefit coverage
Fees: My session fee is $160, with a limited number of spaces for reduced-fee sessions. Three of us work in my practice and take appointments Monday through Saturday, including 4 evenings per week.
Most of my clients use some form of insurance reimbursement. It's simple to try and we can do a couple of things to help it work.
See other therapists in Berkeley, CA.
Are you interested in actually solving a problem in your life instead of analyzing it again and again? What most of us really want are some practical solutions, feedback and results.
My counseling practice is dedicated to de-mystifying therapy and getting you exactly what you want from every session. I am a relaxed, easy-going therapist who believes that counseling should be practical and transparent. Together we will use a 4-step plan that is based on your strengths and tailored to what will work best for you.
Email or Call Lindsey Antin, MA, MFT at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 01048
More Info About My Practice
Please visit my website to learn more about my practice. We offer sessions Monday through Saturday, including a few evenings.
It is hard to find the right therapist just by reading profiles. Let me know if you have any questions!
On the Fence About Going to Therapy?
It is completely normal to feel uncertain about going to a stranger's office and talking about personal thoughts and feelings.
It is my job to help you feel comfortable, gather pertinent information, and create a plan.
You do not have to commit to therapy beyond the first session. You can come and see how counseling works. I offer an evaluation form of our session from the beginning so that you can rate what worked and didn't work for you about the session. Your therapy should be worthwhile and helpful to you.
Important Factors for Choosing a Therapist
Research shows that the #1 factor in having a successful therapy experience is how comfortable you feel with your therapist.
I am professional and easy-going. The people who come to my office are great individuals and while we solve problems, we usually have fun, too.
Please visit my website to learn more about my practice.
The Duration and Frequency of Therapy
Solution-Focused therapy is a kind of counseling that focuses on using your strengths to help address the areas you want improvement. Instead of spending a lot of time on the past and family history, we begin with where you are right now and what change you'd like to see.
Cognitive therapy tools and homework can give you the support you need in between sessions to make faster and more effective changes. I look forward to hearing from you!
My Blog Posts
- Do the Hard Work Up Front: Tell Yourself the Truth
- Save the Sunshine: How to Bottle Up Your Summer
- You Can’t Always Get What You Want: Dealing with Rejection
- Why Therapists and Parents Should Champion Resilience
- More Than a Feeling: How Over-Identification Gets in the Way
- The Secret to Less Anxiety and Depression? More Problems
- The Secret to Making Your To-Do List Include Down Time, Too
- Beware the Bubble: Must All Good Things Come to an End?
- Who Needs Willpower When You Can Have Some Good Habits?
- Getting Out of Your Own Way May Be Simpler Than You Think
- Powerlessness: Learning to Live with the Unchangeable
- How to Maximize Your Time to Maximize Your Happiness
- Passing the Hot Potato: Let Others Solve Their Own Problems!
- Is Certainty Bias Limiting Your Clout? Don't Be So Sure
- Find More Energy: Reduce the Busyness in Your Mind
- Solution-Focused Ideas to Get Your Best Grades This School Year
- The Upside of Your Problems: Some Surprising Benefits
- How Solution Focused Therapy Increases Your Luck
- What Messages About Yourself Are You Sending To Others?
- Turn A Problem On Its Head: Use Self-Compassion
- Three Simple Reasons Solution-Focused Therapy Works
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Family Therapy
Ages I Work With
Groups I Work With
Newly engaged or married couples, high school and college students, adult individuals
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.