Sarah Noel, MS, LMHC
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
Sarah Noel, MS, LMHC
|Professions: Psychotherapist, Counselor|
|License Status: I'm a licensed professional.|
|Primary Credential: Licensed Mental Health Counselor - 004433|
Accepting new clients - Contact me!
Billing and Insurance
Click here to ask this therapist for billing and insurance information.
See other therapists in Brooklyn, NY.
Therapy can help you to get to the roots of your issues, develop a better understanding of yourself and provide you with tools to more effectively manage your life. My role, as your therapist, is an objective and non-biased one. I will focus on listening to you, guiding you through a thorough exploration of yourself- past, present and future- and fostering insight. Your own insights will guide you to make decisions and take subsequent actions. Whatever the concern that leads you to therapy, rest assured that I will be deeply invested in supporting you through the process, freeing you to live the life you desire. To learn more about my practice and how to get started, visit my website.
Email or Call Sarah Noel, MS, LMHC at 1-800-651-8085 ext. 05419
More Info About My Practice
I believe that therapy should be accessible to anyone who wants to reap its many benefits. Therefore, I am pleased to offer a sliding scale and package pricing in order to minimize costs. I am also happy to provide monthly invoices to be submitted to your insurance company so you can be reimbursed.
My View on the Purpose of Psychotherapy
I believe the purpose of psychotherapy is, in the simplest terms, change. However, I believe the specific change to be fairly unique to each person who enters therapy. Some people come to therapy because they are overwhelmed with feelings of sadness, perhaps even to the point they find it difficult to get out of bed. Others may be struggling with one or more significant relationships in their lives and therefore feel quite lonely and isolated. Still others may be filled with so much anxiety and fear that they find it difficult to make decisions, both large and small. There are endless other reasons why people decide to engage in therapy. While people likely enter therapy with the goal of alleviating sadness, improving relationships or moving beyond the paralysis of fear and anxiety, they have often grown well beyond these goals and are significantly changed by the time the leave therapy.
Important Factors for Choosing a Therapist
Finding a therapist can be an overwhelming task, in and of itself. First and foremost, it is important to make sure that the therapist you are considering is adequately trained and qualified to provide therapy – you can confirm a therapist's license with the state licensing board. The other practical issue that seems important is to ensure that the schedule and fee structure will be manageable, so that therapy won't be terminated prematurely for logistical reasons. Beyond this, I believe the most important ingredient for successful therapy to be the relationship that develops between you and your therapist. When you are working with your therapist, you should feel safe to explore any and all issues – good, bad and ugly. You will likely not always feel comfortable doing this, but you should always feel safe and free from judgment in addressing any issue with your therapist. If you don't feel this way, it may be helpful to talk openly about this with your therapist. If it still doesn't feel like a good match, you may need to try a new therapist. It can take some time and effort, but finding a good match is a critically important ingredient to healing.
My Blog Posts
- Help! My Teenage Daughter Hates Me
- Who Knows What's Best for Me: My Therapist or Me?
- How Can I Tactfully Address a Labor Imbalance in Our Household?
- Help! My Teenage Daughter Won't Listen to Me
- Why Are We Here? Can Therapy Help Me Understand the Meaning of Life?
- Help! My Partner Doesn't Seem to Like My Child
- I Don't Like Kids. I Don't Want Kids. What's Wrong with Me?
- How Can I Overcome My Fear of Spiders?
- Help! How Do I Tell My Partner I Have an STD?
- Help! How Do I Get My Husband to Court Me Again?
- Help! My Partner Is Terrible at Communicating
- Help! I'm Letting Down the LGBTQ+ Community with My Divorce
- How Can I Deal with a Coworker I Hate?
- How Do I Convince a Parent to Go to Therapy?
- Help! My Family Doesn't Approve of My Relationship
- Help! I Just Found Out I Can't Have Children
- Can I Heal from Depression on My Own?
- Help! Should I Be More Excited About Being Pregnant?
- What Does Love Feel Like?
- Help! The Man I Agreed to Marry Now Says He Can't Have Sex
- Should I Give Up on Having a Baby After My Miscarriage?
- We're Living a Lie: I'm 'Out' as Gay, but My Partner Isn't
- I Was Sexually Abused by My Stepfather. Do I Have PTSD?
- Help! Long After My Breakup, I Still Need Closure
- Help! My Therapist Suddenly Retired and I Feel Abandoned
- Help! Every Sound I Hear Makes Me Anxious and Irritable
- Is There Something Wrong with Being a 'Commitment-Phobe'?
- Why Do I Freeze Up When I Speak in Front of People?
- It Was Only Flirting, but Now My Husband Doesn't Trust Me
- Help! My Husband Is Putting His Hobby Before Our Marriage
- Our Relationship Has Hit a Wall; How Do I Get My Needs Met?
- Help! Why Can't I Stop Making Self-Destructive Choices?
- Help! My Insensitive Family Won't Shut Up about My Weight
- How Can I Avoid Being Dragged Down by a Depressing World?
- Mom's Leaving Me with Hurt, Guilt, Resentment, and Anger
- Being My Husband's Caretaker Has Me Angry and Bitter. Help!
- At 37, I Want to Stay a Virgin—but I Want a Relationship, Too
- Pregnant Yet?: Addressing Pesky Questions about Having Kids
- I Can't Seem to Focus Anymore. Is Something Wrong with Me?
- Am I Depressed?
- If My Wife Won't Lose Weight, Am I Justified in Leaving Her?
- Help! What If My Therapist Goes on Maternity Leave Again?
- Say It Loud, Say It Proud: Motherhood Is Hard!
- He's an Introvert, I'm an Extrovert. Are We Doomed?
- How Can I Come to Terms with My Lousy Lot in Life?
- Workaholism: the Revered 'Ism'
- Is My Therapist Coming On to Me? Should I Find Another One?
- Five Ways to Get the Most Out of Therapy
- Is It Right to Expect More Affection from My Boyfriend?
- Conflict in Relationships: Good, Bad, or Just Plain Necessary?
- How Can I Keep My Perfectionism from Hurting My Grades?
- How Do I Overcome the Grief from My Husband's Death?
- Is My Secret Safe with My Therapist? How Can I Be Sure?
- Coping with Loss During the Holiday Season
- Help! My Husband Thinks His Job Takes Precedence Over My Dreams
- Therapists in Therapy: Madness or Just What the Doctor Ordered?
- Why Am I So Bitter and Resentful of Other People's Successes?
- Navigating a Double Whammy: Losing My Partner, Then My Therapist
- Now That DOMA Is Dead, the Kids Are Even Better
- My Girlfriend's Depression Is Bringing Me Down. I Feel Helpless!
- My Therapist Won't Email with Me Anymore. I'm Devastated!
- It Scares Me How Much I Turn to Fantasy to Escape. Help!
- Golden Rule of Self-Care: Be as Kind to Yourself as You Are to a Friend
- Things Are Good, Yet I Can't Seem to Relax. What's Wrong?
- My Best Friend Keeps Distracting Me from Work. Help!
- What to Do in the Wake of Tragedy
- Feelings: Better to Sit with Them Than to Run from Them
- Can't Seem to Shake BIID, Anxiety, and Obsessive Compulsion. Help!
- A Cousin May Have Molested My Sister Decades Ago. Should I Let It Go?
- Raising a Child with Special Needs: What About Your Needs?
- Meet the GoodTherapy.org Topic Experts: Sarah Noel
- Good Grief: Why the DSM-V Is Wrong About Bereavement and Depression
- Permanently Disabled, Feeling Down, and No One to Talk To
- My Boyfriend Has Kids, I Don't. Should I Stay?
- Remembering Sandy During the Season of Giving
- Why Do I Become Overprotective and Possessive in Relationships?
- Why Doesn't My Therapist Give Me More Feedback and Advice?
- Fighting Loneliness Begins with You
- I'm in Therapy, So When Will I Get Better?
- Best Type of Therapy for My Depressed, Unemployed Son?
- Grieving the End of a Therapy Relationship
- What's Wrong With Me?
- Why Does My Therapist Sound Like a Parrot?
- Parenthood: Acknowledging the Good and the Bad
- Toxic Friends: Is It Time to Break Up?
- Great Expectations: How to Manage the Holiday Season
- Surviving Thanksgiving When You Aren't Feeling Thankful
- "Hitting the Wall" in Therapy
- How to Move Beyond Anxiety to Make Major Decisions
- Class of 2011 – What Now?
- Singles' Guide to a Happy Valentine's Day
- For Real Change This Year, Skip the Resolutions and Look to Your Life Goals
- Spending the Holidays at Home
- The Healing Power of the Therapeutic Relationship
- The Secret All People Should Know but Few Therapists Share
Services I Provide
- Individual Therapy & Counseling
- Marriage, Couples, or Relationship Counseling
- Group Therapy
Ages I Work With
By using this site, you signify your assent and agreement to the Terms of Service.